Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALOHA
Went to Cabela's yesterday and had to stop in and see if Lance was in....nope, but checked out the fly tying stuff.
The bad news is, the problem with being a BIG mail order chain is they don't carry squat in the stores.
The GOOD news is, they had a discontinued rack with some cool stuff.
I ended up buying this "HULA WRAP" by RUMPF. It is a chenille of sorts and a synthetic soft hackle thing. They are Mylar and Antron fibers 2" long so it does look like a hula skirt.
There was only a few left so I bought the ORANGE of course, and a Chartreuse and Silver. Tried it on a #4 hook with orange tail....WHAT A BUSHY BUGGER...realy buggy looking, this could be great! Just have to wait for some water to check them out....soooon!
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Sounds like you hit the store at the right time. Now like someone around here who I will not mention by name would say " We will require a full report and pictures". Hey FGD bring your radio and play a little Hawaiian music to further charm the fish while you entice them with your hula fly.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I think she should send a few to you and me so we can test them out while she is waiting for the weather to clear.. [sly]

uhmm sis.. where are the pictures of your hula bugger??? hhmmmmmm??

MacFly
[signature]
Very Possible there little Bro.

Here it is:

[Image: Hula3.jpg]

Here is one with Marabou Tail and Hula Body:

[Image: Hula1.jpg]

Here is two with Zonker strip:

[Image: Hula2.jpg]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]That might even excite a bass or two to come up for a taste.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
hes sis.. those almost look like.. or look a lot like those bi polar flies that DR posted a while back.. what do you think DR..

either way.. they look awesome.. so .. what are ya calling em sis.. I think hula buggers.. or hula zonkers sound good... [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That name works for me. This stuff is longer that Polar.
[signature]
I was just talking intial impression.. Im not a fish but I like the looks of those.. care to show us how you did them.. maybe be one to post up a video on..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Well, Evil Ash just came up with a name for the fly...
Check it out

"Kamona Wannaslaya"[cool]
[signature]
[Smile]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hula wrap is a lot longer and not curley like the bi-polar material.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline "Bi-Polar Worm red..JPG"]
[signature]
all I was saying is that it reminded me of the bipolar flies.. not that they were identical.. kind of the "kissn cuzn" type of thing.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Absolutely
[signature]