Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy that was dumb
Ok, so I went out to fire off a few more rounds and dial in the scope before deer gun season opens up here in Michigan.

[ul][li]Packed the gun in the car [li]Stopped at the store picked up some shells [li]Drove out to the farm [li]Got the target out of the barn [li]Walked out to my blind [li]Set up the target [li]Climbed up the blind [li]Pulled up the gun [li]Opened the window [li]Took the covers off the scope [li]Loaded the gun [li]Stuck it out the window [li]Aim.............. [li]TRIED TO PUT MY FINGER ON THE TRIGGER BUT COULDN'T BECAUSE I FORGOT TO TAKE THE STUPID TRIGGER LOCK OFF THE GUN BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE !!!!!! [li][#000000][size 5]SON OF A PUPPIE DOG !!![/size][/#000000][/li][/ul][#000000]That's not exactly what I said but yeah..... you get the idea. The key was about 15 miles away sitting on my dresser. [/#000000]

Lesson learned I guess, better that it happen now and not on opening day with a big buck staring at me while I try to pry the lock off with my hunting knife [laugh].
[signature]
LOL, J rabbitt that one takes the cake. Hope all turns out well for your hunt. good luck and get that lock off!
[signature]
My cousin has done it twice with his 870 Express. We were 120 iles away the first time and 40 the second time. Needless to say, he didn't get any ducks those trips.[crazy]
[signature]
If you are set on using a trigger lock, it would be good to go with one of the combination models- no key to forget or misplace.
[signature]