Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice forming
I've been driving past the same two ponds every day and watching to see how long it would take for them to freeze over , today was the day !

I hope this 40 degree stuff dosen't last all week !
[signature]
I've got 15" of the 11.8 inches of snow we were suposed to get.........
and it's still coming down like crazy !
Our driveway has been plowed 3 times today , he'll be back in the morning !
[signature]
ha got me a snow thrower ..its getting a work out ..its my new toy lol
[signature]
hope ya dont get tired of your new toy [fishin]

you got three months left to play with it. [cool]

we got 30 hours of worm rain, 40-50* there were a couple guys who found them selves small sheltered places to get out on the ice for a gill or two before the rain.

corse, walking on water this time of year is a suicide mission. one good lake fart can be a real sinker...
[signature]
first ice= great fishin lol
[signature]
I bet it works great on the flat driveway , now if you want to give it a real good vertical tourture test , my driveway is always open , LOL !

What we got , another 12" on it's way ?
I hope you got a big gastank on it , your going to need it . you usually get hit harder than we do .

I burned up my last two chainsaws over the weekend , one is repairable the other is so old parts are no longer available for it .
Tomorow it's a trip to the hardware store for a new one .

When the kids were little i told them we didn't have chainsaws back in the day when i wore a younger mans clothes . We just went down to the river and grabed a beaver by it's tail and started to tickle it's belly .
When the beaver started to laugh we stuck it's face up to a tree and away it went , timber !

The guys at work were talking about a chainsaw moter blender they saw on some hunting show , great for tailgate partys too .
[signature]
Haven't found any snow so far it cant move ....... husky 8.5 6 gears and 2 gears in reverse..30" cut ...
[signature]
articat 450 with a 60 inch tiller plow fully gassed awaiting for the foot that will fall in the next 7 hours here in pontiac....
[signature]
Hahahah what the hell is that ? something from Alaska Im all gased up too lol ready to rock ..... onl;y 6" up here tho ..have fun in the snow
[signature]
You guys and your high-teck equipment [Image: happy.gif].
I had the pick up over at the property and wouldn't you know it I kinda got it stuck .
Going up the drive the truck kept pushing the snow drifts in front of it and finaly rode up on top of it .
I had an ax and a dust pan with me .
5 hours later , I was finally unstuck and soaked to the bone .
Tomorow is the last day of blackpowder thank God , I don't think I can take too much more hunting this year [crazy].
[signature]
Well yesterday was the last day of muzzle and I made it for the evening hunt .
The snow was over my knees . I saw another doe hopping threw the snow but my licenses are for private land doe . It took a good half hour for her to pass by me and out of sight , distance maybe fifty yards for her from the time I saw her untill she disapeared . Winter kill should be high in my area .
Another 3" fell last night , another 12" expected tomorow .
[signature]
[url "javascript:;"][Image: almost_limited.JPG][/url]
[signature]
you got a week left on the bow, and maybe the late privet land fire arm antlerless deer season if that isnt already over.

But if you are sure your all done, be sure to fill out the dnr deer hunting survey.
[signature]
I'm breaking out with the ice gear myself !
I'm going a little lighter than you , a tip-up a rod ,augre , waxeys and some chubs . I have the 5 gallon bucket and a butt-warmer too !
I made my own ice testing cane with a spike on the end , don't want to be swimming in the lake this time of year , the pike are pretty hungry [crazy] .
[signature]