Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone
[Image: happy.gif]Hi I just joined and was wondering if anyone would give me some feedback on a new gadget I am programming:

Thanks!

[#ff0000]Sorry mkalx - links are not permitted for new members with less than 15 posts. Kindly refer to the FAQ.[/#ff0000]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=faq"]FAQ[/url]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there mkalx and welcome to the BFT. Thanks for taking the time to register.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][fishin]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Milton, thanks for signing up. What kind of fishing do you do? WH2
[signature]
I am into all sorts! but usually follow the seasons. At the moment the weather is gettng cold so the predator season has just started and I will have a go for Zander, Pike and a bit of trout fishing.
During spring I will have a go for Carp but may get tempted to fish for tench or catfish. If I am near the coast on holiday I like sea fishing and will have a go for anything over a wreck such as pollack, conger eel or mackerel on feathers.
Whats the fish you are holding?
[signature]
It is hard to tell from your profile but I guess if your fishing for Zander you must be from Europe? If I remember correctly Zander is similar to Walleye? If that is the case, that is one of my favorite eating fish, that and salmon. Most of the bigger fish I catch here like the Tiger Musky I'm holding in one of my pictures and the bigger Lake Trout that I'm holding in another were released. The fish that I'm holding in my adatar is a Wiper, a cross between a white bass and a striped bass, they can be a very aggressive fish for their size and very hard hitting, a three pound fish can easily pull a pole from you hand if you are holding the rod too lightly. The one in that picture is 9 lbs. and 27 inches. Sounds like you get out for a big range of fishing, must be fun[Smile]. WH2
[signature]
Yes I am from Milton Keynes in the UK, its famous for its concrete cows!
Milton Keynes is made up of smaller towns including Bletchley where the WW2 decodng machine was housed and the first computer originated.
The zander was stocked illegally into one of the water systems and it has spread quite rapidly. The place I caught this fish from is actually a trout reservoir! Water is pumped in from the river to keep the reservoir topped up and to keep it from stagnating. The young zander got into the lake through the pumping system and now the lake is full of them!
Its fun when I can make time and pay for it!
[signature]
I'm guessing the one your holding is a Zander, it looks like a huge one, how big was it?
[signature]
I did not have scales at the time but it is just over ten pounds. They are an evil looking fish!, if you are on a long drift they will pinch/follow/pinch the bait - in real life they do this to stun the fish before they eat it.
This one was caught in 50ft of water, hanging near the bottom.
My father in-law really likes them and he said they are the best to eat out of anything and he eats alot of fish.
You can not really buy jerk rods over here, can you recommend a good one for boat fishing, for fish around this size?
[signature]
Sorry, I'm not really familiar with a Jerk rod, unless you are referring to a stiff rod for setting the hook while jig fishing? Anyone else Ted, John familiar with a jerk rod? Either way, I usually just go out and buy whatever suits my needs, I think they come in three types: light, medium and heavy actions. If you can't look at what you need before you buy them, my best suggestion would be to go to an on-line store line Cabella's or Bass Pro and look around. I usually go by what is the best price because I don't have a favorite brand name. It seems to me that the rod I use the most for that type of jigging is a medium/heavy 5.5 to 6.5 ft rod. Hopefully the other guys will chime in here with more info, good luck.
[signature]
Thanks, I'll take a look at those online stores.
[signature]
Here is one from Cabelas. Item # OG-120491, it looks like it is called "power" for a med. hvy rod. What weight jig do you use?
[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0036325&type=pod&cmCat=catrtfish_TR"]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0036325&type=pod&cmCat=catrtfish_TR[/url]
[signature]
That looks good and good value. However it looks like it requires a multiplier handle, I might have to get one of those aswel!
[signature]
I'm well chuffed, Apple iTunes published the application today!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSto...67170&mt=8
[signature]