Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creek Co ODC616
Does anyone out there have one of these?

[Image: product_image.png]

I just saw one for the first time, and from what I can tell they didn't sell them for very long. Last sale at Cabelas they were blowing them out at $99 each!

I have one of these:

[Image: 816-a-lr.jpg]

and I think if I strap my frame on the 6' bananas from the 616, it may be a nice combo. The tips on my 8' boat don't do anything but catch wind on lakes anyway, so for stillwater the lighter weight, smaller packing, less sail area and similar load capacity may make sense...

I can also get just the bananas from Creek Co or if anyone has one they want to sell...

Smile

_SHig
[signature]
It would be interesting to see your frame on the shorter toons. At least you would be able to put your feet up and row.
Short toons are fun.
A little scarier on choppy water but I think they perform as well, so probably just a safety blanket thing. Plus they will bounce allot more on the waves.
For the price, that would be cool, two sets of toons. You being an engineer, figure out a way to connect the two and have a two man[laugh]
[signature]
<LOL>

Tandem two-man 'toon? Two sets of oars? Might be like the back steering guy on a firetruck thing - jackknifed boat!

If you look at the pics of the ODC616 and 816, the "flat" part on both look to be the same length. The diameters are the same. The only difference SEEMS to be the angle at which the bottom comes up to the tips.

One thing about the 816 is that it has a two layer skin. Outer and inner nylon - the 616 only has the outer and bladder.

Probably not much of a concern, but the 816 should be able to handle higher pressures because of this safety liner...

_SHig
[signature]
I wasn't Thinking Tandem. Maybe a tube/pipe the same diameter as the thickest part of the toons, but long enough to hide both tips or the sweep ups. Making it two long toons instead of four. Then two seats. One rows, the other fishes, or on calm water, both fish.
[signature]