Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Rainbows on the Bite at Big Bear Lake
Matt and Nick stirred up the big rainbows at Big Bear Lake, Ca on Thanksgiving morning and they were still biting when they had to rush up to Granny's cabin for turkey dinner.

The boys where shore fishing out on a shallow point in the main lake where the fish were actively feeding on just about anything you threw at them. The fish that they caught were in spawning colors, with the males having developed hooked jaws already. This seems a little early for this lake where the rainbows usually spawn in the spring? I think they probably caught a couple of dozen fish in total most of which they released, except for the biggest half dozen (all around 20 inches).

I even tried to join in on the fun with the flyrod but couldn't come close to reaching the feeding fish from the shore. Next time I'll bring the float tube along even though it was pretty cold (freezing rain in the morning) for that kind of fishing.

MN&G's Dad
[signature]
Awesome pics! New guy here... its great to see a dad who takes his kids fishing... or lets them go without you in this case! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]