Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biscayne Bay
Tailing Bonefish Everywhere
November 2008
This past week was a great time for anglers who fished for the grey ghost.
The whole week had falling water in Biscayne Bay mixed with rising air temps as the day went on made for some sick bonefishing!
Large schools mudding in south Biscayne Bay with smaller schools of big fish on the flats tailing all over the place, M.J Attong caught 3 tailers over 9 lbs on a half day in south bay on live crabs this past week. Other catches where Mark Schmidt of Danville Pa. caught 2 on flats and broke off 2 more on floating grass on the edges of the flats. He was using a Kwan shrimp.
This trend will continue with cool air temps at night….warm to hot during the day and
Falling water is always good.
In Florida bay falling water and a warming trend pushed major amounts of snook up on the flats, one day we threw everything from Berkly gulps…Pilchards spoons, live shrimp, almost everything I had in the boat and all they did was give me the finger!!
Not eating….The next day on a half day gig Joaquin Vargas and his sons Liam 6 yrs old and his brother Alec Vargas 9 yrs old caught a good amount of Trout Lady fish Jacks with Alec catching a nice 31 inch Snook with his little brother breaking off another on that was bigger.
Also we caught a good amount of triple tail on crab pot buoys and caught 2 small cobia on the park markers.
I am giving a 15% discount on all bookings between now and March 1st. If interested don’t hesitate, pick up the phone and call.
[center]

Best of Luck Capt Jim Hale
[#0000ff]www.hurricanesportfishingcharters.com
[/#0000ff]786-255-1788
[signature]