Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boat - Gheenoe
Just bought a new 15'6" Gheenoe and mated a 15 hp Mercury 4 Stroke on the back. The boat is perfect for creek/river fishing. Just finished mounting the depth finder this afternoon and took the boat out for a spin, registered 24 mph on the GPS.

Just excited about the new boat and had to share it with somebody. Anybody else out there own a Gheenoe?

TidewaterAngler
[signature]
I'm not sure if a Gheenoe is an aluminum or fiberglas boat but that is a great speed to get out of a 15 hp motor. WH2
[signature]
congrads on the new boat,sweet looking,(i went to their web site)thats fast for a small boat,lol better sit down,shut up and hold on[Smile]
[signature]
Cool boat for the river. Their site said it will go up to 40 with a 25horsepower, [crazy] that would be one scary ride. Get some fish blood in it soon.
[signature]
I had a 15'6" classic for years. Had an 18hp, with a full live well and 2 adults it would run 20mph. They are the best small water boat I have ever been in. They float in 4" of water.

They are the nost stable narrow boat in the world. They have a reverse chine that makes it so the farther you lean over the more the boat resists leaning over. I'm 230 lbs and I used to stand on the gunnel edge with a full load to show people how stable it was.

Great boat, you will love it.
Suggestions;
Get a tiller extention handle to allow you to sit in the middle when it is a little rough, the back seat can be a wet ride due to the entry point of the hull when on plane.
Did they solve the problem in the front of no where to mount an electric motor?
Have a Bimini made for it, mine cost $200 and was a real saver on hot sunny days.
[signature]