Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INFO NEEDED: Class 1 and 2 Canoe Float/Fishing Trips
Our group of 4 will be staying in NW Wyoming near the Clark's Fork of the Yellowstone next mid July. We are interested in a short 6-8 mile float/trout fishing canoe trip on Class 1 and 2 (maybe a little Class 3 as we are experienced canoeist) but definitely not a thrill seeking trip as we are in our 50s and have done the whitewater trips in our youth. My research has been futile as all I can find are whitewater trips. I haven't been able to find a company that rents/shuttles canoes or a river or stream that would fit our needs. Our idea of a perfect day would be a nice leisurely 6-8 mile float (we don't even mind pulling a canoe thru a little shallow water), catch a few fish, and enjoy the scenery. Any information/suggestions/directions would be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Missouri Mark
[signature]
You don't say specifically where you will be staying...so I'll assume it is within a few miles of Cody. If it is then I would change plans and go somewhere else that has the whitewater class you are looking for.
[signature]
Actually the address where we are staying is Crandall Creek. The house we are staying in is about 20 miles from NE entrance of Yellowstone and about 20 miles from Montana border with Red Lodge maybe being the closest town. We are very close to the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway. I believe we are about 60 miles west of Cody. I think the Boulder, Stillwater, Yellowstone River, and Clark's Fork in Montana would be possible options to float, but I'm not sure of the skill level needed.
[signature]