Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To book, or not to book ?
Now remember, This is just a thought !!! Boone and Crockitt, and Pope and Young record books were founded back when there wasn't any chemicals or antler growth products out there to help a buck support a larger rack ! The buck taken back then was the old buck that always got away !! . Many seasons out smarting the hunter, The buck grew a rack that any hunter would be proud of , and big enough for the so called "BOOK " . Now , with all the chemicals and antler growth products out there , Do you think there should be a second book out there for new bucks that are shot ? I know that most of the bucks that are shot deserve to be in the original book, but because of all these chemicals (and game farms too!! ), should these be placed next to one of those old bucks that always got away ? Im starting to feel that the books don't mean what they used to back in the good old days. Prove that I'm over reacting , cause I wanna feel the books were still our record bible !!! Not a book a person can buy his way on !!! Remember, these are just opinions , so lets not get mad about this !!!

Flagmanonice.............
[signature]
well i hear ya guy, but it,s funny, i never realized there wer game farms, where they grew em. i never heard of such a thing. that to me is like havin a herford for a pet then feedin him one day and just shootin him. i guess now that i,ve got older i can,t do that haha i worked on a farm all my life loved it and had a white brown swiss nad loved him came home and he was gone. he foolowe played with laddie john my dog and me too. i guess after that, i can,t feed em anymore cause i see their personality too much and fall in love. haha gittin soft in my old age. haha but i love beef. that,s the way i,d feel bout watchin a fawn grow, feein it PLAYIN every day and then one day breakin his trust love and shootin it. i couldn,t do it. it is a pet to me. and i love deermeat. if i,m goin to shoot him i want him to live free grow free and him have a sportin chance to survive. his skill against mine and my choice whether to shoot or not. i guess like when gramp took calvin coolidge out up in strafford they didn,t feed em. it was the sport of it . i just can,t see where the sport is in killin an animal or the pride is in shootin it. or theRESPECT! OF MYSELF OR FOR THE ANIMAL. YEAH DON,T GIT MAD AT ME EITHER THIS IS MINE TOO.HAHA GRAMP USE TO USE DOGS BLACK AND TANS FOR HIS BEAR. NOBODY USES EM ANYMORE. THAT USE TO BE A BIG THING HERE IN VERMONT TOO BACK IN THE OLD DAYS. GRAMP WAS THE MAIN GUIDE AROUND HERE AND WAS KNOWN FOR HIS DOGS. I GOT PICTUES OF GRAMP AND SOME OF THE BEAR HE GOT TOO. IT,S [cool] TO LOOK BACK. YA THE GOOD OL DAYS. ME AND GRAMP.[Smile][cool][laugh]
[signature]
[Wink] Lou , thanks for the nice reply, Also, you gave me a idea on a new post , hope you like it and reply about gramps !!

Your friend , Flagmanonice................
[signature]
YOUR DEARLY WELCOME AND THANKS FER THE NEW POST.!!IT,S A GOOD IDEA!!!! I BEEN THINKIN BOUT HIM ALOT LATELY, COURSE I GUESS WITH MY SON AND MICK GONNA GIT MARRIED NEXT YEAR AND MEMORIAL DAY. TOO HE SERVED IN THE 1ST WORLD WAS. WENT IN WHEN HE WAS 17/ COOL DUDE. AND I WANT TO SAY I THINK ABOUT ALL THE VETS THIS MEMORIAL DAY. AND THANKS FER OUR FREEDOMS. GOD BLESS YA ALL MARE
[signature]
OH THE TRAVELS AND ADVENTURES YOUR MIND MUST TAKE YOU ON !

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA ! A SECOND BOOK IS THE WAY TO GO .
[signature]
[Tongue] What took you so long lonehunter, I thought you would have advise on this a long time ago !! lol. By the way , How is fishingirl2 doing in the rock bass tourney ?

fLAGMANONICE'''''''''''''''''''
[signature]
I have to agree with you on this one, we need to start up a new book, and call it the book of clown and crockett.

because it is funny that todays records superceed the old records in numbers of trophies taken every year, and with the farms breeding hybrid trophie deer and other critters, who is to say these days whether or not the deer came from a farm or public land.

I would like to see michigan to the same thing with their deer as they do with their fish. if the critter is taken on privet land then it is not eligable for the record books.

a tooth pulled from the deer will prove with out a doubt where the deer came from what the deer ate ect...

and to be frank, these deer cant taist as good as a corn fed horned hopper.

just like the funny car races, they are cool to look at, but when it come down to being the real thing, there is nothing like a nascar or an indy car.

so yes lets start a new book and call it the book of Clown and Crockett.[angelic]
[signature]
she's gonna donate it away if she's a winner .

i haven't thought to much about DEER racks , i'ts getting warmer out [Wink][cool] !

some of the deer farms around here have steady clients that pay around $3000.00 for a trophy rack . the ranch owner herds a big buck into a pen , the city boy ( i can't use the word hunter ) then shoots the buck , has the ranch guy cut off the rack , packs up the rack and drives off leaving the meat behind . i just can't see those racks being scored as anything .

our woods deer have smaller racks than our farmfeild deer , swamp bucks are easy to tell . a new system of d.n.a. testing might have to come in there somewhere . chemical testing too . but definatly a great idea !
[signature]
they take a tooth form a deer or a person, and with that they can tell just what the environment was that was habitated by the mineral content of the tooth, and that includes any hormones and super saturated minnerals that are not naturaly found in nature

this is already a sience. they have been doing this to mummies for years.
[signature]
I WAS GOING TO ADD THAT IF A GUY HAD THE RESOURSES TO DO THE SCORING AND THE TESTING TO CERTIFY THE BUCKS QUALIFICATIONS AS A NATURAL OR A ENHANCED RACK , WELL HE COULD END UP HAVING A NICE LITTLE INCOME DURING THE HUNTING SEASON .
[signature]
[unsure] The problem is , is that the books are owned by money , and the ones with money can buy there way into it !!!!

Flagmanonice....................
[signature]
IF A GUY THAT CAN COME UP WITH A GUIDELINE OR PLAN ON HOW THE NEW SYSTEM OF GENERATING AND IMPLIMENTING THE NEW SCORING SYSTEM , HE NEEDS TO ONLY PATTEN OR COPYWRIGHT THE PLAN . ( INTELICUAL COPYRIGHT I THINK IS THE RIGHT WAY TO GO ).

THEN GENERATE INTREST IN THE IDEA (PLAN ) VIA THE INTERNET , WITH ALL THE VARIOUS HUNTING FORUMS IS AN EASY WAY TO GET THE BALL ROLLING FOR THIS . A FEW "LETTERS TO THE EDITORS " OF SOME OF THE NATIONAL HUNTING MAGASINES WOULD BE NEXT . MORE PUBLIC INTREST .

IF ALL GOES WELL , YOU END UP WITH THE MILLION DOLLER IDEA THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO USE , THEY GOTTA PAY YOU TO USE IT BECAUSE YOU OWN THE PIECE OF PAPER THAT SAYS IT'S YOUR BRAINCHILD !

WE HAD A GUY SMUGGLE A WISCONSON " ENHANCED RACK " . HE TRIED PUSHING IT OFF AS A MICHIGAN RECORD BUCK . HE GOT BUSTED .

IF YOUR NEW BOOK IDEA WITH THE NEW REQUIREMENTS WERE IN PLACE , GUYS LIKE HIM WOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE TRYING A STUNT LIKE THAT .

IF YOU HAD THE TIME , RESOURSES , AND THE AMBITION TO SEE THIS PROGECT TO THE END , YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO RETIRE IN COMFORT , THAT IS IF IT PAYS OFF .

THERE'S ALWAYS A CHANCE TO BE TAKEN , NOTHING VENTURED , NOTHING GAINED . OR , A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED .

MAN , I'M NO HELP ON THIS ! LOL !
[signature]