Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look At The Big Picture
[#990099][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000066][size 2][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 3][#ffffff][size 2][size 3][/size][/size][/#ffffff][/size][/font][/size][/#000066][/font][/#990099][font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]Whatever species of fish you target, it's important to make note of what's happening in the surrounding environment. What plants are blooming? Which insects are hatching? By staying alert and asking yourself why something is happening, you'll learn to decipher current conditions and thus become a more informed and efficient angler[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Excellent information Dave, also included in that are, is the minnow your using a natural minnow to the lake ? if not , its a strange food for the fish ! If it rains and theres a run off , it seems worms and grubs work better, cause they get washed down in the run off ! There's so many things you can put together if you just put 2 and 2 together like Dave said !

Flagmanonice.................
[signature]

Hi there davetclown,

Ahh yes, thank you for the timely information. Next time I find myself flailing my flyrod between the biggest sow Kodiak bear in Alaska and her cute little twin cubs crying out to her for rescue, I'll remember your advice.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm going fishing tomorrow so I can't help but be up in spirits.

JapanRon
[signature]
good luck on your fish...

I was doing some roofing yesterday (racoon ate gaping holes in my roof) and left my self extreamily stiff today. I am hoping to loosen up a little for the opening day of bass season this comming saturday.

if a man were to take a note book and note every thing that was going on around them in journal form he would have an impressive tool for local times. he would know what the fish are doing at every moment of the day with out ever being out on the lake.

a simple note book to keep a log when the fish are biteing is more than enough. but if you add the conditions around you when the fish are not biting then your fishing adventures becomes a sicence.
[signature]

Hey there davetclown,

My mom was into antiques big time and she happened to get an old fishing diary written by a guy in Los Angeles and dealing with local streams we think nothing of now. The first entry was 1902 and last 1928. Everything and I mean everything was put down in there. Amazing! I don't have the patience.

JapanRon
[signature]
[Smile] Oh , but you have the wisdom my oh JapanRon !!!!

Flagmanonice..............
[signature]
HAHA YESSA I,D BE DOIN SOME TRUCKIN!! I BET THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL THOUGH. I WENT UP NORTH TO THE NORTHEAST KINGDOM IN VERMONT HERE THIS LAST WEEK END AND OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD NEXT TO THE ROAD WAS A MOMMA AND FAWN, BRAND NEW, AND THE FAWN WAS HAVIN LUNCH RIGHT THERE. NOT SCARED OF NOTHIN!! LOVED IT WILL NEVER FORGIT THAT. EITHER.CAN I GO WITH YA?? HAAHA IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO FISHIN UP THERE. HAVE FUN. OR HUNTIN! LATER TELL ME HOW YA DID OK?? THANKS MARE
[signature]
HEY FLAG HOW YA DOIN?? HEY, YES FOUND THAT TRUE. I,VE ALSO JUST USED THE MINNOW OUT THE PLACE I,M FIHIN. BUT I ALSO BELIVE YA WATCH WHATS ALONG THE BANK OF THE POND TOO. SEE IF THE MINNOWS ARE IN THAT,S A GOOD CLUE TO TELL YA NOT TO CAST FROM HERE TO TIMBUCK TWO ACROSS THE POND! HAHA IT MEANS THE BIG ONES ARE IN SHORE, THAT,S WHAT I,M TRYIN TO SAY. HAHA LATER BUT I STILL LIKE USIN MY NIGHT CRWLERS AND MINNOWS THE BEST. I LIKE CHECKIN STUFF OUT TOO LIKE DAVE DOES TOO. IT ALSO ADDS TO THE NATURE OF THINGS. AND YOUR ENVIROMENT. NO DIFFERENT THAN HUNTIN.
[signature]
oh but darlin, haha that,s how you learn patience. that,s what fishin and huntin and bein out there, tauight me. and thewritin, i did no matter what you write about, your day you had of just bein out there and enjoyin the nature, enviroment, the sunset, or the risin of a new day, learns you patience, understandin of life, and the love of life. and to be able to learn to live with yourself, like yourself, be happy with yourself, cause if you can,t like you, live with you then your gonna be miserable in life. lotta these citty slickers that come up here, that,s the reason they vome to get away from the hustle bustle of the city and go gogo episodes cause they don,t know how to slow themselves down, ya know what i mean??? yes i,m gittin technicle here,haha, but ya learn that the most important lessons in life, that:" the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE ARE THE SIMPLE THINGS,free, AND BEIN FREE, within yourself, HEART MIND AND SOUL. AND NO ONE, OR NOTHIN CAN EVER TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU.and also ya learn what is most important to ya, family. SO TRY IT YA MIGHT LIKE IT!. HAHA if i can change at 48 you can do it too. haha i bought some lures. haha later mare there,s probably alot more in that diary than just his fishin, it,s his life. look deeper sometimes, it,s says alot about a person, and diaries are good to look back on, when ya git older. remember where you were at. i got some when i was a kid and i laugh. haha later have fun fishin.
[signature]