Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfishin' Through the Ice
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]This ice season I plan to spend some time trying to catch cats through the ice.[/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Anybody here have any tips on how deep they like to go or their general behavior? What is a good way to find and fish them out when ice fishing? Thanks. [/#000000][/font]
[signature]
I have noticed in the past that I catch them around areas where there is some sort of structure and they do bite a littler slower than normal. I know during the winter months they lay around a lot but they will eat. I think if you tried fishing water that is 10'-15' deep or more, you would have the best chance at it. It's also a good time to use cut bait since their natural food (bluegills,crawdads etc) are mainly hiding somewhere for the winter and are harder to get.
Just try not to do like I did and hook a big flathead that won't even fit through your hole in the ice..[pirate]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]IndyFishing wrote:[/#000000][/font]

"Just try not to do like I did and hook a big flathead that won't even fit through your hole in the ice..[pirate] "

[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Now, that is something I want to do. [Wink][/#000000][/font]
[signature]