Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little Urban Fishing
Those are the Richardson Chest Fly Boxes. I have three, two three trays, and one four tray, made by Mr. Richardson himself before he sold the company (or his estate) to the new owners back around 1996. I'm looking to sell one of the three trays - it needs work though; new straps, and new foam under the partitions. I might get a quote from the company, they are up in Bellefonte, PA which is just two hours away - right on Spring Creek.
[signature]
kind of cute in an immperssionistic sort of way. BTW does anyone know the name of the gentleman in the far right side of the picture I posted? There is a prize for the right answer.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: dumb.gif]Say what - ITCHY TOLL O JEST? Where did you find that?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]

[quote Wbranch_1]No, I'm not a retired wildlife biologist and while I don't want to get into an argument many fly fishers would agree that laying a little guy like that on dirt, or any other medium other than water, isn't the best method to protect a wild fish. But since I'm not an expert maybe this little guy will grow up to be a monster no worse for the experience.[/quote]

I agree that many fly fishers would say that. But then, they're not wildlife biologists either. The key word in the name of the post is Urban.
[signature]
from you comment of "[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Okay where are the ichthyologist w[/size][/#008000][/font][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]hen you need one?[/size][/#008000][/font]"...just a play onichthyologist ...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][Image: dumb.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Okay I give up so what is a onichthyologist ?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Ive no idea... [/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]this started as a play on the word ichthyologist that you mentioned early in the post.. ya know.. itchy...

MacFly
[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][#008000]Swish right over my [/#008000][inline "Duh hello.gif"][#008000]lol[/#008000]
[signature]
lets call it a push.. I didnt know what you were referring too and my play on words was bad to say the least.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][Image: happy.gif][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]You know what an ichthyologist is, don't you? No it is not someone you studies ickies. lol[/#008000][/font][/size]
[signature]
well some people would say that studying fish is icky.. ya know like.. I dont want to touch that icky fish...[laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Well, the past two days we have had 50 mile an hour winds at least then last night the wind stopped but we got 5" of snow.
Sun was in and out today but the temps went from high 50's even a 60 in there down to hi 30's and maybe 40's.
I didn't feel like CLEANING today, so I went fishing. I will say URBAN as it was close to home, but not the same place.
I DID put on my Hippers so I could get in the water with the fish.
FANTASTIC! day. I lost count, seriously! Only fished for a couple of hours, but a gentlemen showed up and was down shore from me. He was freaking out that I was hooking up every cast, so he sent his daughter to grab his fly gear.

I wished I had more time to spend with him, and my NAIL KNOT tool as he had his leader attached with a knot. I showed him how to roll cast and told him that will be all he can use on this stretch of water due to trees. I then gave him the KILLER FLY and a Thingamabobber. He was getting it down till the wind shifted and he was unable to get it out.
Felt really bad when he asked if I just catch them and let them go, and he was there for dinner. Oh well I tried to help, but had to leave.

Anyway, I had to get some shots for Wbranch_1. NO FISH LEFT THE WATER TODAY...except one, that honest to god, he shot right up on the shore...REALLY!!!! So I wet my hands and carefully put him back in the right direction.

Here is a couple for you.[Wink]

[Image: IMG_0854.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0865.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0866.jpg]
[signature]
awesome sis.. looks like it was a good decision to forget about the cleaning and go fishing.. :-).. and you got a chance to help someone in the process.. awesome...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[Smile] Hey Goddess, great pictures - fish look very active - the first one almost looks like it has Whirling disease with it's body so acutely bent and twisted.
[signature]
Yeah it does look like that but...No, nice health Bow.....Wiggle Wart!

Hard to get a picture with me in the water, rod lifted over head and snapping....several blurry or out of focus pictures...Thank Gawd for digitals [laugh]

I do miss this camera:

[Image: 04-10-0804.jpg]
[signature]