Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little Urban Fishing
Point taken, and it is not a wild fish, it is a planter, look at the tail.
What about ICE. All the fish brought up through a hole, laid on the ice, then returned back down through the hole?
[signature]
[sly] Well, isn't ice just hard water? I said keep it in the water - we agree to have different opinions okay? I didn't closely examine the body configuration to see it was a plant, Then by all means break it's neck, gut it, and put it in the pan.[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
HARSH![Wink][cool]

Now here is a wild trout:

[Image: brown1-1.jpg]
[signature]
hey DR.. what the heck does a

ITCHY TOLL O JEST do.. pass out the calamine for all of the poison ivy ???

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I think the point FG was trying to make is that it is frozen water.. and laying on that has to be a shock to their system.. or at least I would think so..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That too, but it is hard on the scales....LIKE GRAVEL. Like licking the flag pole in Christmas Story[laugh]

Have you ever fallen on dirt....then fall on ice (did it several times while skiing)?
[signature]
done both and neither feels that good.. lol.. but have to say the bruising and ego get hurt worse on the ice for sure.. Id think it was like getting hit in the face with a slush ball.. [crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Pretty 'boo, looks like an old Leonard - but likely it is a knock-off (which is fine) I had one pre fire Leonard Baby Catskill #4 flamed and one Baby Catskill, post fire #266, blond that I sold a few years back. Too nice to just sit in my rod case. I usually only catch big trout so it was no longer an efficient tool - seriously though I normally only fish big water and need power. Where do u guide? I fish the Delaware and the Missouri.
[center]

[center]
[signature]
It is a Edwards 5 weight so no worries on the big fish. I also have a 4 weight "WHITE" Battenkill and Penn's Creek, plus having a custom built as we speak in the Payne 100 taper.
I was Guiding for Falcon's Ledge for a couple of years till it was sold and a couple of shops in the surrounding area, but for the past few years I sub contract for Utah Fly Drifters. I also teach tying and casting on occasion
I would rather be fishing personally LOL
Very nice trout there young man[Wink]

I prefer the slower action rods with Bamboo being first choice, but I have several classic glass and customs. Plus a few full flexed plastics.
[signature]
[cool] Come out east some year in May or June and I'll take you out in my Hyde for 2 - 3 days. We get pretty much every popular mayfly and in large quantities. Starting with Quill Gordons (plueralis), then Blue Quills (adoptiva), Hendrickson's (subvaria), March Browns, Green & Brown Drakes, zillions of Dorothea, lots of Baetis, Tricos, the whole enchilada.
[signature]
Ooooh Ooooh! DRY FLIES!!!!! Yeah baby! Am I drouling?
[signature]
sis I thought you were a nympher.. LOL..

MacFly
[signature]
Here are a couple drakes I just tied - Hey, I like "young man" comment!

[center][inline "GD Close-up resized.jpg"]

[center][inline "Group of Drakes resized.jpg"]
[signature]
Comparadun style. I like that. What size you doing these?
I have a pattern I aquired from a gentleman I met in Idaho that I am tying some Green Drakes out of. I read that they float with the rear end portion in the water so this is a sort of Klinkhammer pattern in a #12 to #8.
I will take a picture of it.
[signature]
DUDE! Dry Fly is the ULTIMATE! Probably just about EVERYONES favorite. Nothing like see the take.
Just, on stillwater, dry fly action is limited. In fact on rivers Dry Fly has limitations, but fish always eat scuds, sows, nymphs, pupas....so I go to the fish[Wink]
[signature]
"What size you doing these?" #8 light wire up eye salmon hooks - our guttalata is huge! I have a pic of a 23" brown that ate one but am afraid to post it as it was snapped, quickly, on stream side mud.

Yes, the wing is Compara-dun style (Caucci had his Delaware River Club about 3/4 of a mile upstream from my cabin on the WB of the Delaware) On hooks this large though I normally palmer one grizzly and one barred ginger and then clip off the hackle on the bottom.

Including a picture of one of the greats of fly fishing. I tied some flies for him when I was in MT back in the day when Armstrong SC was free, yes free! and Nelson's had a morning and an afternoon session for $10.00 per session. I'm the youngster in the middle holding the post fire Leonard 38H..

[center][inline "p10101894 edited2.bmp"]
[signature]
WOW! The Rubber waders, the bamboo and the ........METAL BOX CHEST PACK?! That is sooooooo coool!
[signature]
lol.. whew.. had me going there for a second sis.. that you had switched to the other side.. LOL..

MacFly
[signature]
I go at it from all sides! What do you think my #32's are? DRIES[laugh]

Here is the Green Drake. Don in Pocatello introduced this pattern to me and there are soooooo many possibilities, it is crazy!

[Image: IMG_0844.jpg]
[signature]
I thought your 32's were chroms....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]