Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEAD kitty!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGfxD5hcI...re=related

I would have shot that worthless cat in a heartbeat. This is a big reason our deer herds are going down the toilet. Now, the wolves are starting to show up in numbers. Shoot, shovel, shut-up. My new philosophy for sure.[cool]
[signature]
that woulda been to easy. 5000 rpm and dump the clutch. damn thing woulda been used for traction. lions been wiping our herd out for yrs. if we have 3000 cats state wide. low estimate fg dont think so. and each cat takes 1 deer per week. how many we loosing to cats every yr. not counting pregnantcies. its 156,000 deer takin by cats per yr. moore than all hunting combined. big toms in winter right after rutt kill the big boys we all dream of 2 or 3 per week. wolves are gona wipe out the elk and moose first then onto the deer. glad you joind the i have never seen 1 club. never seen, never shot. never shared! ken
[signature]
Shwack that bad boy. I would have hit that bad boy full speed. So what if you take out 1 deer, you save hundreds more. What was it that Spock said..."The good of the many, outweighs the needs of the one..."
[signature]
I didn't even watch the whole thing because that pisses me off so bad. I would have mashed the pedal to the floor and had blood, hair and fur from bumper to bumper on my vehicle! [mad]
[signature]
That didn't look like that big of a cat. I totally agree with you on everying except one thing. I don't bother with the shovel.
[signature]
I certainly hope that everyone saying they would break the law to kill that cougar was joking/venting.

Get a cougar permit, reduce their numbers, but let's do it legally.
[signature]
Oh yes, I was just venting![cool]

DOH!
[signature]
what does one have to do to get a cougar permit?
[signature]
Don't ask, don't tell.[Wink]
[signature]
http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2008...cougar.pdf
[signature]
thanks brody[Wink]
[signature]
There are a few different ways to get one. You can apply for certain units just like other big game animals or there are over the counter permits for area that have a program called "harvest objective". They give permits out for certain areas (Over the counter) and once the "Objective" is met, nobody can harvest anymore.

The one thing that keeps most of us from putting in every year is the hunting method. If you just go out with rifle in hand looking for a cougar, you probably wont find one. 90% of the time (or more), the use of dogs are required to hunt these cats. That's where the problem is. Most of us can't afford, or don't want to pay a guide for the use of his dogs. I really wish there were alternate means of hunting these guys, but honestly, you need dogs.
It would be nice if they just issued over the counter permits for each region and let us loose. That way if we are out hunting and see one, it's history. There would be a lot of Angry people if we did that though.
[signature]
I agree, that would be a great way to do it. The division can't lose. They get more revenue for Cougar permits, and if a sportsman happens to see one (rare), they can just shoot it and tag it right then.
[signature]
I can't ever get one to stop(like the idiots in that link i posted) long enough for a shot. If one ever does though, [font "Comic Sans MS"][size 6][#ff0000]
BOOM!!!
[/#ff0000][/size][/font]

[signature]
There was actually a big cat less than a mile from your house last year Petty. There was an email sent out with pictures of it up on the cliffs.
[signature]
Go get him Petty! [:p]
[signature]
im really thinking about it. If i do it and draw out you guys are welcome to tag along. I know a guy that has dogs that would probly let me use the dogs at no cost.
[signature]
Scott likes to chase them on foot into caves.[shocked]
[signature]
if your young and in shape its a blast!!! petty better get to the tred mill. they run forever...
[signature]
might be the motivation i need[Wink]
[signature]