Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander perch pics
These are the three biggest perch we caught today on alexander reservoir. 13" , 11" , & 10"
[signature]
DT,

Nice jumbos.

What were your totals including the ones in the 8 to 10 inch range?

FR
[signature]
I am a big perch fanatic of sorts. Those are worth going after. Good Job.

Windriver
[signature]
we caght six total but we didnt fish long, we just stopped in on our way back from chesterfield to finish out the day before dark. Lots of bites though. we caught all of our fish in 43 feet of water.
[signature]
Nice perch. I have yet to catch any bigger than 6 inches, unless it's by accident, usually where there aren't supposed to be perch [:/] go figure.
[signature]
Where is Alexander?
Nice fish!
[signature]
It is just west of Soda Springs, about 3 miles to the first access.
[signature]
Nice Perch! You are giving me ideas of a combo trip Montpelier/Alexander or Chesterfield/Alexander. I fished Alexander a couple of years ago just to say I did and found really fast action for both trout and perch through the ice. The perch were mostly in the five inch range, but obivously this is improving a bit.

OvidCreek
[signature]
What other species of fish are in Alexander
[signature]
There is catfish, perch, a few smallmouth bass, and there is also rainbow, brown, and cutthroat trout although we dont catch the trout very often. The perch can can be found anywhere on the reservoir in good numbers, but to catch the bigger ones we usually fish the deeper water ( 40 foot range ) around second bridge.
[signature]