Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview and Hyrum (report)
Pineview 20 May 07:00, air temp (damn cold) water temp (cold).....there are no Muskie, you are wasting your time, go elsewhere. The lake is really dirty and full of grass and other debris. Caught none, none followed, heard of none. Fished all the usual spots...nothing except frostbite from going 60 across the lake wihtout gloves. Talked to a guy fishing off the middle fork catching some Crappie, he had some very big ones. Talked a couple of guys in the north arm Muskie fishing, they were doing the same as everyone else. 10:00, gave up and went to Hyrum. Air temp (much warmer), water temp 52 deg - 55 deg. Bass are begining to fan beds. Got 7, biggest about 5lbs. pitching jigs into cover.

IFG
Well IFG, the cold air must have reminded you of being an IFG[Wink] Glad you did well up at Hyrum. What color jig were the fish hitting?
[signature]
What side of the res. were you fishing?
[signature]

[signature]
Pumpkin seed or black/white tube jig w 3 oz jig head to penetrate the brush. Use heavy line cause you'll be rippin em through the thick stuff. The side across from the boat launch, find the fallen trees and thick Tamarask.
Hey IFG ,That's right send those muskie hunters some where else so I can hook one that doesn't have a sore lip . Never fished in the morning yet , but have been going in the afternoon . Warmer air temp . LOL . Did put the hurt on a couple of LM bass today so I will feel better now if I get skunked again this weekend Pineview . tight lines
[signature]
JMIG and I are going to take the toon and tube up to Birch Creek on Saturday to chase the Tiger Trout around, since we can't seem to catch any Tiger Muskie this year. We are planning on stopping at Pineview on the way back if 39 is open over the top of Monty. Might even go Monday and do a little Muskie fishing since I need a picture for a mount. Chasing Muskie in a float tube ain't the smartest idea, but Dan has his boat up at the Gorge all weekend. It's like Daddy always said, "Boy your dumber than homemade soap". P.S. Did you get the LMs at Hyrum?

IFG
No , it wasn't Hyrum . Its a little hole in the wall spot close to work that I 've had to share with one other guy . I think I like it that way , so no name will be giving . Been hooking 2 to 3 every night this week . I don't get there till 7:30 pm and only fish for 1/2 hour . I want to go to Pineview saturday , but the drags are going and I love the smell of rubber burning . VALVOLINE JET CAR SPRING NATIONALS 20.00 a ticket .
[signature]