Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice fishing Muskellunge question
Hey guys. The reservoir I frequently visit, is infested with muskie and pickerel. People catch Muskies on a regular basis and I have seen many over 40 inches caught. I have
been fishing this place for 6 years and never caught a Muskie. I must have caught 3 tons of Pickerel in those 6 years, but no luck with the bigger cousins.

Any suggestions? I tried larger shiners, cut sucker, jigging with spoons, jigging with big shiners, but no luck, only pickerel. One day the only other dude on the lake caught 2 muskies on tip ups. What am I doing wrong that I can't seem to get a break?
[signature]
Try using 6" chubs or large(6") tube jigs and mess around with some different scents. I use glow tubes here in UT for tiger muskies through the ice. Also, if you can use a whole fish from the body of water you are on, perch, crappie, or bluegill, that will usually get you into some fish. Try fishing points and transition areas from 6' to 10' of water that drop off into 20'+. Move around and don't give up.[Wink]
[signature]
try big jigging rapalas as well. in fisherman has some realy good ice videos on them.[fishin]
[signature]
[Smile]Thanks for the great advice folks!!! So I gotta go bigger this winter. Do you think big spoons can work too?
[signature]
I've spent some time on the ice with Lunkerhunter2 and he isn't kidding about going big with his lures. Each year he seems to find something larger then the year before.
[signature]