Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am. Falls Report
All,

Hit Am. Falls reservoir the last two days. Brought home 76 perch. Inadvertently caught two trout and released them. They were very small. The perch were very nice with many jumbos and about 9" average. The largest were in the 11" zone. I don't feel comfortable yet saying where these were caught on the reservoir but will say that it was off of the beaten path....

Will attach photo of perch-sicles. I am allowing them to thaw so that they can be filleted....

FR
[signature]
can you say how deep the water was you were catching them in? and where they were sitting in the water column?
[signature]
CJ,

The perch were on the bottom. It was very sporadic. I needed five poles and there were occasions where all five sat dead. It was incredibly cold. I was limited to just using perch meat because I had to leave my gloves on for the most part. The advantage of that was that only the larger fish -- feeding on minnows -- were biting. I wish I could get back there but have work and family commitments for a couple of days. I also have fish to clean....

Unfortunately, I can't say how deep the water was without tipping my hand on the location. A.F. reservoir tapers from the dam to N.E. end so folks would figure it out if I said too much. I will say that since I caught a few off of the boat launch at Aberdeen on Friday, that they are in there. The other people have not found them there this year but I don't think they have explored it properly yet.

I also saw an ice hut near the dam so the entire reservoir appears ready for access.

FR
[signature]
thanks for info.
[signature]