Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/26 Snowy Idaho trip
Decided to head up to Idaho with some buddies, and once we got through the snow we finally got some drilling in. Day started out slowwww but picked up in the afternoon. Once we found the color they wanted, it was pretty steady with the light bites and hookups. Lost a few at the hole, but my buddies both iced many between 15"-19". Most were fat and healthy. We couldn't leave with the 'Geoffrey Skunk' on, so I promptly iced a 19" 'bow.

Fun day for only one fish to show for it- still lots better than being at work!
[signature]
Nice pics,Sounds like a great day on the ice.[cool]How thick is the ice.
[signature]
Yeah it was actually not too bad at all. The breeze picked up once in a while, but it died off in the afternoon and that's when the bite picked up.

Thin layer of ice over about 5" of slush, which was over about 3 or 4" of good ice. But there were lots of areas on the lake with no slush and we wisely drilled there Smile
[signature]
Where were you bud? Glendale?
TS
[signature]
I'll just say it was in the vicinity. [:p]
[signature]
its ok if you tell trout_slayer where you went. he wouldent even dare venture out on the ice anyway!
[signature]
[cool]Hey, what's up with this imaginary "geoffrey skunk?" I very rarely get skunked, I'll have you know.

Anyhooters, congrats on a fun day after the slime rockets, Derek!
[signature]
Thanks Geoff!

You know we gotta give you a hard time. Every one of us (well maybe not TD), gets skunked at least a few times.
[signature]