Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clark Canyon Res
I just found out that there are burbot in Clark Canyon Res. Does anybody have any reports of how the fishing is, or recomendations on good fly/tackle shops in Dillan.
I think I'll probably make a trip up there in a couple of months, but I've never fished for burbot before, so any advice awesome (provided it's good advice [laugh])!
Feel free to PM me if you want.
Thanks
[signature]
I'm assuming your going to ice fish, if so, go to Uncle Bob's or Tollet's shop (Frontier Anglers) in Dillon for info.
I would probably call first and get a report.
[signature]
I don't know about burbot, but the lake has some nice fat rainbows in it.

I don't remember the name of the tackle shop, they were on the main road past the golf course. Very nice and very informative.
[signature]
Thanks guys,

I tried it a couple of weeks ago without much results to show for it. I ended up catching one pretty 18 inch rainbow but that was it. most of the day I was fishing for burbot but I switched to trout fishing at the end of the day just to get the skunk off.
I've heard that burbot fishing gets a lot better in a few weeks when they spawn, so I'm going to try it then. Thanks for the tips on the shops. I'll definately see what they have to say.
[signature]
Any updates on the burbot fishing? Are they spawning yet?
[signature]
I just read that they spawn at the Flaming Gorge in Dec. I would like to go up for the day/early evening and try to catch a few.
[signature]
I fished it last tuesday and caught 7 nice rainbows. the smallest was 19 INCHES. I really wanted to caught burbot. I got distracted by the rainbows. I think the locals were nervous cause they were pulling Ice shanties left and right. The day before was 50 degrees so who could blame them.Nice lake and impessive fish.I hope to visit this summer with the family.
[signature]