Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanell with tube and "Bud"
Ok guys,

Apparently it's warmed up enough!!! 20 May - Fished from my tube with "Bud" along the North East side from about noon to 6 pm and caught 15-20 bass and about the same number of perch using my standard small pearl curly tail jigs. No big ones yet, but I'm confident they're either there or coming in. Bass sizes ranged from about 11 - 15 inches. Everything was tucked in real close to the bank, with the majority of the fish caught within the first 5 ft. from the bank. Air temps in the mid 70s and calm. Finally hitting a warm spell. Looks like I've got to plan my trips to Flaming Gorge and hit Jordanelle some more. Bud's been sleeping all day - the old man must have tired him tired him out. Tube - no he's not trained for netting yet, he still uses his mouth, only after I release them. Good thing he's soft mouthed. Mostly I give him the chub I catch for him to keep.

[crazy][crazy]Leaky
[cool]Thanks for the good report. Sounds like spring has sprung. The bigger fish will be available soon. I guess it just takes longer for them to wake up. That's the way it is for older people...maybe fish too.

If Bud gets serious about the tubing thing, maybe you can get him a tube and some "dog paddle" fins.

Glad to hear you had a good trip. How's the water level and what is the forecast for this year?

TubeDude
[signature]
In short - LOW and LOWER! Not good! By the way, found these guys without a fish finder. Imagine what I could do with one, can't wait to save the $. I could really use one at the Gorge. Maybe next year.

Leaky
[cool]I'm probably going to be doing some more field testing, which means I might have a complete set up and tested system available at a discounted price. Either that, or if you want me to get one in your price range, I can set it up for you and either send it up or bring it up. I would prefer the latter.

I know what it is to have to fish "blind". I put in a lot of hours of chunkin' and windin'...and bottom bouncing and trolling...just trying to find fish, before I finally joined the electronic world. Now I wouldn't think of going fishing...especially on new waters...without sonar.

That's an idea. Maybe you can train Bud to become a "fish sniffer".

TubeDude
[signature]
Tube - You're too giving!!! Bud and I are doing good without one but I'll keep in touch. As far as that goes, you should see him trying to sniff the white fish out that I let go in the shallows of the river. LOL [crazy][crazy][crazy]Leaky