Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 lb. channel cat..Echo Res.
Went for a drive by today. Met this guy coming up the ridge with this 10 to 15 Lb. catfish. Caught it through the ice on 4 Lb test. His buddy said he also had one on that broke off at the hole. Nice catfish, I told him I would send him the picture through BFT. Hope I did it.
[signature]
Where's the pic? That's not a simple thing, catching a catfish that big on 4 lb. test. Those suckers can be pretty powerful.
[signature]
I was there too when he came up and got a picture. Hope this works. Think he goes by Nicknet on this site or something like that.
[signature]
Nice catch.. I bet that was a challenge to get threw the ice !!
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
That is sweet! awesome.
[signature]
THanks Bone14 for the picture post. You also had a good catch today.Looks like Echo is fishing well this year !!
[signature]
[cool]WOW! What a freakin' hawg! That would be awesome catching a big ol fattie like that through the ice! That is really rare....
[signature]
I've fished for kitty's on Utah lake for 40 plus years, and when I first started I was using ten to twelve # line, I lost way to many kitty's from broken line and I think I new how to play a fish, I think ?[Wink]
I've got where I only used 20 # or bigger line on the kitty's
They are one of the hardest fitting fish we have by far.
So with out a pitcher, I think that this is one heck of a fish story 4 # line though the ice ?
10 to 15 # kitty is a Big Fish I have caught my share and I don't think so.
But I have never caught a kitty though the ice either ?? [crazy][Wink]
[signature]
OKAY: I'll eat crow [shocked]
I would never of believed it with out a pitcher.
that is a nice kitty don't know about the 15#'s but it is still a nice kitty. [pirate]
on 4# WOW. ??????????
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I edited your original post and UNCLICKED the "inline" option. Do not click that unless you proceed with the other steps to have the pic show up inside the post. Otherwise, the link to the pic disappears and nobody can click on it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Catfish 16.5lb and 31''long
[signature]
Lol, to think of all the people that ice fish Utah Lake with seldom success with the kitties this guy pulls a bruiser out of Echo! Maybe I'll catch some at the Gorge this weekend[angelic]
[signature]
Let luck be with you [Wink]
After that I need to LOL, or would it be COL, cry out load ?
One lucky guy [angelic] one nice kitty.
[signature]
WOW !!!!!!!!!!
That thing must have kept you busy for a while. That takes luck, knowledge and patients. WAY TO GO !!![Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Awesome catch!! Great fish story!
[signature]
Thanks Tubedude for the help !!
[signature]
Congratulations Phil that is one fine fish and I am definitely impressed that you got it in on 4 pound test line.
[signature]
thanks for the picture. that is a huge catfish i had heard that there was some big catfish but this is the first i have seen out of echo. thanks again
[signature]
Nice fish ,Great pic[cool]
[signature]
Very Impressive!!!! Thats one heck of a nice kitty
[signature]