Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ultimate 16 Species Contest 2003
you are quite welcome,

I see your fishing skills are becomming ledgeoned here at bft. Winning the sands derby in texas and now the 16 species contest.

dont let it make your head swell too much [sly] l I havent given up yet. I may not be near any salt water, but I know where there is a couple monsters for next season [cool]...

hey, congradulations,,,,, well deserved and thanks for compeating....
[signature]
Hello Guys,

I just got an email and wanted to remind everyone, the first packages you are recieving ar NOT your prizes, they are just something extra we put together.

I apologize but many of the packages had to be shipped in seperate packages (in one case 3 packages all sent at different times).
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1886;]

yep , thank you mike and dave , all the staff and the fellow members that make the contests so great !

this is fishingirl2 with (hard to see ) the custom #30 trolling rod i won earlier in the year , the free t shirt , a fistfull of BFTstickers , enough duncan donut coupons to feed a small army ( courtesy of davetclown ) , the free field and stream subscriptions and i can't show them , but the many $25.00 E-cirtificates that i've won here .

you guy's are swell , thanks from this fishing family for all you do for all the members .
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2][left]This is a trophy I received for the second biggest fish. The package also had a nice pullover sweatshirt, a T-shirt, and some stickers in it. This was a very nice thing to do. [/left] [center][Image: 27161076-8735-0190012C-.jpg][/center][/size][/font]
[signature]
Now thats kewl.I like that.

Here is something some of you saltwaterers might be interrested in.Hurry though I think the offer expires in a couple days.

[url "http://www.magscentral.com/swf/swf1f3.htm"]http://www.magscentral.com/swf/swf1f3.htm[/url]
[signature]
congradulations Don and every one else for making this the best event ever. I wonder if any one took the time to count all the different species caught for this event? where else can you go fishing for your favorite fish and enter it in to a contest.

kewl, a golden trout award.

I cant quite make out what the plate says, a bit much flash glare, would you mind sharing?
[signature]
well now dont she look like a happy camper....

you two will have to leave a little early on your next fishing trip so you have time to stop for a donut and coffee....

that was some mighty fine fissin you done there,,,
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2][left]The plate says.[/left] [center]2003 BIGFISHTACKLE.COM[/center] [center]16 SPECIES PHOTO CONTEST[/center] [center]2ND PLACE: DONALD BYRUM JR.[/center][/size][/font]
[signature]
thats realy Kewl

thanks....
[signature]
LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF !!!! [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1946;]

THE SHIMANO SOFT SIDED TACKLE BOX STUFFED TO THE GILLS WITH EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN !

BOOYAA SWEATS (MAN THERE COOL ! ), BFT T'S (DOUBLE COOL ! ), UNITED RODS SKULL CAP , TRILENE FISHING LINE ,FISHING CAPTAINS PLIER SET IN A HOLSTER ,TWO JARS OF BERKLEY'S POWERBAIT FOR TROUT , TWO SPOOLS OF JAHHU FISHING LINE , LANG BAO#40 SPINCAST REEL WITH 2 HANDLES , A FOLDING LOCK BACK KNIFE , KONE ZONE TROLLING FLASHER, CAT'S TAILS MUSKEY LURE(DA' BIG ONE ), RAPALLA RATTIL'FATRAP,PACK OF NEVERSNAG GUARD HOOKS , SPARKLE FISH TROUT LURE ,6 PACK OF MUSTAD LEAD HEADS , MONTAUK MIKE 3"BABY BUNKER LURE , 3 BFT HOOK SAFES , MORE HOOKS FROM NEVERSNAG , RED WOLF , AND GAMAKATSU , BEARDEN FARMS BREADING MIX FOR FISH , A BIG OL ' PACK OF MEGABAIT LURES, H.Y.W. LURES ,CHARLIE BREWER'S "SLIDER"4"TUBE LURE, BERKLEY POWER BAIT GRUBS , A COUPLE PACKS OF BERKLEY GULP GRUBS, AND A WHOPPING FIST FULL EACH OF THE BFT ORIGINAL GOLD AND THE NEW WHIT VINYL WINDOW STICKERS !

HECK I'VE GOTTA PUMP SOME IRON IF I'M GOING TO HAUL THIS FISHING BONANZA AROUND FISHING , YEEEEE HAAAAAA !

IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME TO THANK ALL THE SPONSORS FOR THERE GREAT GIFTS !

BFT , YOU GUY'S ROCK ! THANK YOU !
[signature]
[center][size 1][font "Monotype Corsiva"][#ff0080][size 5][url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/BIGF9582/default.htm"]Check out the Higlights[/url][/size][/#ff0080][/font][/size][/center] [center][font "Monotype Corsiva"][#ff0080][size 5]click ont the above link to see the winners.[/size][/#ff0080][/font][/center]
[signature]
Boy howdy lonehunter. You are going to have to get one of those wheeled dollies just to get all that stuff to the fishin hole.

I got my participation gift yesterday.It has several BFT T-shirts in all sizes. My 5 year old daughter insisted on sleeping in one of them last night. A hooded sweatshirt and sweat pants with the BFT logo on them. They will come in handy on those chilly days on the jetty. I got a t-shirt that says bloody scuppers on the front. I am not sure what that is but it is a cool t-shirt. A bunch of BFT stickers and a fishing joke book.And a realy coool trophy.It says 2003 Bigfishtackle.com 16 species photo contest. 1st place winner Jeff Gibson 421.75 points. It has a fisherman on top ready to make a cast. The strange thing about it is , the guy looks like me standing up there.LOL There is one problem, My daughter has these pet house cats. They keep messing with my trophy.I guess the cats may just have to go. LOL

Thanks a bunch BFT. It looks like I got something for christmas after all.

BIG FISH TACKLE, You da web site!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1952;]
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Hello TheGame,[/size]

[size 1]LOL, Sorry about the shirts, you should be getting another package today or tomorrow and one more that will be going out today, what size are you?[/size]

[size 1]Glad there was a resemblance to you on the trophy, wish we could say we planned it that way (haha)?[/size]

[size 1]P.S. Scuppers are the drain holes on Long Range Boats, Bloody scuppers means the bite was wide open and the decks were covered with blood from gaffing fish![/size]

[size 1]Again Everyone thank you very much for the patience, we are finally almost completely caught up on shipping.[/size][/size]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Awesome Tribute Dave, THANK YOU!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Well shoot. I learn something new every day I guess. Now I know what a scupper is. I might know that if I had a boat down here but I am strictly land based.I have a bass boat back home in east texas but it would not be too good down here in the shallow flats. Out in the gulf I would get swamped.

As for my T-shirt size I wear XXL.It depends on the shirt. I can wear an XL but they are usualy pretty tight across the shoulders.

thanks for eveything,

Happy holidays.
[signature]
Thanks for the comp.

I am planning on an upgrade so that for the next event I will be able to run a highlight page of the event and show results of previous events.

this way we can have a page for every event past. and provide complimentary account of current standings of partisipants with highlights of recent catches.
[signature]
Yes Dave, Great job.
[signature]
Cheifpanfish just sent me a copy of his trophy pic.

I am posting it here till I get our contest page upgraded. [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1963;][/center]
[signature]
Nice trophy. Wheeewy and looka t that brand new t-shirt. Good job cheif.
[signature]
yep , it sure feels like christmass ! dave's tribute site is really swell too !

but i couldn't resist editing one of the contest posts to thank the guy that made it all possible , our very own BFT SANTA !

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1945;]

THANK YOU BFT SANTA !

DAVE , YOU LIVE TOO DARNED CLOSE TO PUT YOU IN A SANTA'S ELF COSTUME (lol !), BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE REALLY APPRETIATE EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE TO GET THIS CONTEST GOING AS WELL . YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB ! WE THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS FOR US !

all that stuff , well i can't use it all , there's not that many fish in the great lakes ! i'll be putting a lot of it up on the boards for contests and stuff . keep it in the BFT family of fishermen !
[signature]