Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ultimate 16 Species Contest 2003
[font "Arial"][size 2]11 of 16

Croaker 9 inches

Atlantic Ocean

North Carolina

6:10 pm June 2,2003 [font "Arial"][size 2][Image: BigFishJUNE22003Croaker.jpg][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[signature]
12 of 16

Sea Mullet 10 & 1/2 inches

Atlantic Ocean

North Carolina

6:20 pm June 2,2003

[Image: BigFishJUNE22003SeaMullet.jpg]
[signature]
13 of 16

Spot 13 inches

Atlantic Ocean

North Carolina

4:30 pm June 2,2003

[Image: BigFishJUNE22003Spot.jpg]
[signature]
14 of 16

Blue Fish 12 inches

Atlantic Ocean

North Carolina

9:30 pm June 2,2003

[Image: Jun3BlueFish.JPG]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]15 of 16

Pin Fish 6 inches

Atlantic Ocean

North Carolina

9:00 am June 2,2003

[Image: Jun3PinFish.JPG][/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]16 of 16 [Smile]

Sand Perch 7 & 1/4 inches

Atlantic Ocean

North Carolina

3:45pm June 2,2003

[Image: Jun3SandPerch.JPG][/size][/font]
[signature]
[url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS3307/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS3307CustomImage1819055.jpg"][Image: MESS3307CustomImage1822374.jpg][/url][size 1]Hi Dave,
This 11" Crappie was taken from Crooked Lake New York on 2/9/03 at 12:15 PM using a tip up baited with a minnow. Now all I need is my fifth fish. This is a blast."Chief"[/size]
[signature]
[url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS3307/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS3307CustomImage1771714.jpg"][Image: MESS3307CustomImage1786851.jpg][/url][size 1]Feb.3,2003 was a very nice day here in New York I had to take some leave time and head out to Crooked Lake were I caught this 19" Pickerel. I was using tip ups baited with minnows, this fish came at about 4:15PM. No hat or tee so I thought I'd try a sign.[/size]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]# 17[/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1]

[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Mullet 21 inches

Atlantic Ocean

North Carolina [/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1]

[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]8:00 am June 2,2003[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2][Image: Mullet21inchesJune22003.jpg][/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]18[/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1]

[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Gray Trout 11 & 1/2 inches

Atlantic Ocean

[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]1:00 pm June 2,2003[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2][Image: Jun3GrayTrout.JPG][/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]19[/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1]

[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Sheephead 12 inches

Atlantic Ocean

[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]9:45 am June 2,2003[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2][Image: sheephead.jpg][/size][/font]
[signature]
[center]# 1 fish - 8 inch blue gill - right[/center] [center]# 2 fish - 8 inch punkin seed - left[/center] [center]caught june 4th between 7 and 8 pm[/center] [center]on commerce lake in michigan[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1353174.jpg][/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1361003.jpg][/center] [center]all cought on a home made fly[/center] [center]an uuuuugly fly at that, lol[/center] [center]now how did that 7 incher get in the middle?[/center]
[signature]
[center]kool we have compitition,[/center]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=byrumjr;"]byrumjr[size 1] [/size][/url][size 1]([Image: WeakFish.gif]) with [#0000ff][font "Arial"][#000000]236.5[/#000000] [/font][/#0000ff]points[/size]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=chiefpanfish;"]chiefpanfish[size 1] [/size][/url][size 1]([Image: Shiner.gif]) with 18 points[/size]

davetclown [font "Arial"][size 1]with 16 points[/size][/font] [center][size 1]not a lot of time left folks, so get your entries in early so you have time to bump your scores if you need to.[/size][/center] [center][size 1]October will be here before you know it![/size][/center]
[signature]
[left]#1 Red drum( redfish )22 inches.[/left] [left]caught on a live mullet on 6/4/03 at 11:10 am [/left] [left]in the ship channel,Lower Laguna Madre, Port Isabel, Texas, [/left] [left]

[/left] [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage3035129.jpg][/center] [left]
[/left]
[signature]

Flownder 14 inches

Caught in ship channel Port Isabel Texas, Lower laguna madre

June 4, 12:10 pm

[Image: MESS3307CustomImage3043852.jpg]
[signature]
Now it's time to catch and post one of those 6 foot Tarpons.They are running down here now.There was a 9 foot Tiger shark caught from the beach, a little ways north of here a few weeks ago.
[signature]
[center]kool we have compitition,[/center]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=byrumjr;"]byrumjr[size 1] [/size][/url][size 1]([Image: WeakFish.gif]) with [#0000ff][font "Arial"][#000000]236.5[/#000000] [/font][/#0000ff]points[/size]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=chiefpanfish;"]chiefpanfish[size 1] [/size][/url][size 1]([Image: Shiner.gif]) with 18 points[/size]

davetclown [font "Arial"][size 1]with 16 points[/size][/font]

thegame [font "Arial"][size 1]with 36 points[/size][/font] [center][size 1]not a lot of time left folks, so get your entries in early so you have time to bump your scores if you need to.[/size][/center] [center][size 1]October will be here before you know it![/size][/center]
[signature]
Hi Jeff,

Glad to see you in the game. I'm going to have a hard time competing with such large fish that you and ByrumJr are posting. But I still have time, another week of work then I'll get away to Black Lake NY for a week of solid fun on the water. I'll be making a post to NY board when I return. Hopefully the weather co-operates and we have some sunny days. We have been stuck in a very rainny patern for the last three months. Be safe Chief.
[signature]
In the game?I am THE GAME.LOL

Well I just typed a long reply and the BFT server lost it.I realy get tired of that.Here goes again.

I did not find out about the contest until a couple days ago.

We all have a lot of time to make up points before October.One real good day on the water and anyone can make up a lot of ground.If you could catch some of your longer native species ie, pike, musky, waleye, you could cover lots of ground.I have never been much farther north than Oklahoma so all I know about up there is what i see On TV.

As far as rainy weather. My dad used to tell me i was crazy or stupid for taking my boat out bass fishing in the rain.I always told him that the fish were already wet so they did not care if it rained or not.I think it washes new life and food onto the water for the bottom of the food chain, then works it's way up to fillets in the freezer. LOL the only bad thing I can think of is it can mess up the water calirity sometimes.
[signature]
I love fishing in the rain myself, it is just that it would be nice to have some good weather for a change. Also that week I will be tenting and that gets to be a real hassle when we constantly have rain. This year I bought a new boat and next I will get a camper top for the pickup so my lady and I can stay in a little more comfort.

Black Lake has pike and muskie but is an excellent bass fishery. Large and smallies.Last year we hooked up to a big bucket mouth that you could stick both hands in at once. Bass season opens up in June here and I will be fishing the week before that begins. On Bass I do the catch and release, so get a quick pic and let it go.

I think next summer I will be doing a road trip around the country so I will be getting to Texas then. Chief.
[signature]