Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailfish school fishing report
Sailfish Fishing Report from
Casa Vieja Lodge Guatemala
January 3, 2009
cid:X.MA1.1231085573@aol.com

Greetings from Casa Vieja Lodge
Today my friend and former Sailfish student Nat Harris from North Carolina finished up his 4 days of fly fishing for Billfish aboard “Buddy Boy” with Captain Chris Sheeder. Nat reports releasing 24 sailfish caught on fly from 33 bites during his stay, however today was the highlight with Nat hooking two Blue Marlin on fly. The first was a fish of 250 to 300 pounds which stayed hooked up for over a minute before putting it in high gear and breaking the 20 pound tippet. The second Blue Marlin, a fish which weighted about 175 pounds attacked the fly aggressively and put on a great show. Shortly after the hook up Nat wound this tarpon onto the leader and got a release, for his 7th Pacific Blue Marlin caught on fly. Congratulations to Nat, every Blue Marlin on fly is a very special event. Kirk Weisman from  is here for three days of fly fishing, (Kirk was the first angler to catch a sailfish on fly in on 2 pound tippet) aboard “Intensity” with Captain mike Sheeder. Today while using a fly tied with a one dollar bill, Kirk cast to, hooked, caught, tagged, released, and got the fly back from catching his first Blue Marlin on fly. Kirks first Blue Marlin ever on fly was a fish of about 150 pounds, Congratulations to Kirk on joining this very exclusive club of fly anglers who have caught a Blue Marlin on fly. Tomorrow, I have a group of 6 students who will be fishing for the next 3 days aboard Buddy Boy with Captain Chris Sheeder and Intensity with Captain Mike Sheeder. My clients are Tom Gilmore, Joe Darcy, and Rich Steven from NY, NJ, and Pa. aboard intensity, and Art Watkins, Matule, and Pete Peterman, aboard Buddy Boy with Captain Chris Sheeder.  This place is awesome, stay tuned for more fly fishing reports from Casa Vieja Lodge in Guatemala; this is a lot better than being in the hospital in Miami
Regards:
Captain Jake Jordan
Jake Jordan's Fishing Adventures
PO Box 309 (US Mail)
223 Lemonwood Drive (Freight)
Havelock NC 28532
252-444-3308 Home/Office
305-872-6060 Cell
www.jakejordan.com

[signature]