Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on Oneida Walleye
Can anyone give me some advice on where to find the walleyes on Oneida. We found some real nice perch, But we would realy like catch a walleye or two through the ice.
[signature]
i dont know anything about it either and im very interested in finding out some tactics for through the ice. also are walleye any good to eat?
[signature]
They are excellent eating. The texture is similar to perch. I have caught them in the baer river before, but I cant seem to do very well in the reservoir.
[signature]
I have a buddy from Nebraska where he primarily fished for Walleye. He refuses to eat trout saying they taste lousy in comparison. I've had them only once and agree they taste better, but I'm not sure they're that good. As for catching them at Oneida I have no clue. I hope to find some this summer up at Ririe now that they seem to be getting a fin hold there.
[signature]
yeah i dont think that fish and game will be able to get ahold of them either but as far as making down to the snake river threw willow creek it just doesnt sound realistic to me but hey it could happen.
[signature]
I fished it a handful of times this year and did pretty good for the Walleye (well I should say my Dad did better than me but....). I cant give advice as far as catching them through the ice since I am a wuss and do not venture out to ice fish!!! But bet your hind end, when the ice comes off this spring I will be up there catching as many as possible because they are dandy table treats!!!
TS
[signature]
I have caught walleye on Oneida thru the ice but after cutting a hole once and seeing the water 10 feet below the ice because the water had been let out of the dam- I won't go back until the ice is gone.
[signature]
wow that would be trippy as all heck. [crazy]
[signature]
I have always wanted to fish it through the ice as well but I have talked to several "seasoned ice fisherman" who won't venture out there due to the iffy ice conditions. I do know that it goes up and down a great deal because of power demands through the dam.
[signature]