Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right to Fish , Pro's and Con's..
There are a few states that have the "Right to hunt " amended into their states constitution , we however do not . The right to hunt bill covers the right to hunt , fish , camp and gather food sources on our state and federal lands in our state .

Our states last attempt to incorporate this measure into our states constitution failed because (I feel ) of the way the proposal was presented as the "dove hunting bill" which gave animal right activists the ammo they needed to shut the proposal down by both the general public and by Michigan hunters who did not understand what the intended legislation was all about .
Who would purposely do this ?
#1 , our Mi.D.N.R. , The D.N.R. fears this type of amendment because of the control factor .
They say we already have these "rights" when infact they are "privileges" . Privileges can be taken away at any time , your rights can't .
They also say it would clog our legal system with trials to define the new rights .
It will but that won't last forever It might take a decade but the outcome is the preservation of our sporting rights forever .

#2, The anti's .
The anti's need legislation like this put down to further their fight against sportspersons because it gives them every advantage at their disposal to quell hunting and fishing forever . As a privilege we are open to attacks threw our legal system to whittle down our fishing and hunting , as a right we have a defense against the anti's .

I myself see the need for the right to hunt added into our states constitution .
How many lakes have been privatised by homeowner associations and homebuilder corporations ? How about the "road ends bill " which gave local government the authority to regulate state fishing and game laws on who can , when they can , and how many can fish , hunt or trap on a public lake or land .

Public boat launches are built using our license fees than sold off to private interests . A few years ago Gramnhold sold to a foreign country a couple hundred acres of hunting land for the price of $1.00 !!, A few years before that the last virgin marshland for migrating ducks in southeast Michigan was sold to a minority condo developer .
How many times do we read about some big outfit polluting our wildlife habitat and if caught they receive a minor fine and we the sportspeople pick up the clean-up tab. Should the auto insurance industry determine our deer hunting quotas?

Right now the Mi.D.N.R. , the N.R.C. the D.of A. and the D.E.Q in whole or in part determines our hunting and fishing regulations , we are at their whims and mercy .

There are a few recognized threw treaty native american tribes here in Michigan who have the right to hunt , only recognized tribes , Native american residents who are not recognized threw treaty don't share these same rights . It seems to me that all native americans should have this right despite not belonging to a tribe with a treaty.

When we sportspeople as a single entity or a group complain about different rule changes it falls on deaf ears , as a right we would have ammunition to fight back with .

O.K. , You get i'm pro on the subject , do you have any pro's or con's or concerns on the outcome of Michigan reciving the "Right to Hunt ,trap fish, gather and camp "?
[signature]