Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Open Water
Pa gave me a call this morning for a little Willow action. The pond still has open water and the fish are there!
Pa got his Launch by Sage and his Sharkskin line for Xmas and I got a new 5 weight bamboo in a 7'6" PLUS my Sharkskin line. We had some testing to do.

Speaking for myself...the new Sharkskin might be a chunk of change but worth every penny. A good friend is on the USA team and he has been using it for over two years non stop, and he said it is showing NO signs of damage. This line will last two to three times as long as the other lines running $45. to $65. Maybe even longer if you aren't a maniac that fishes 4 days a week year round.
The line was just sliding out of the rod.

It was a breezy day, but casting this line with even a strike indicator was not hard at all. AND I WAS USING BAMBOO!.
I am so sold on this stuff I will be stocking up on other weights like 4 and 6.

Now as far as the rods.....This bamboo is the BOMB! An Edwards taper which is a faster taper and intended for windy days and dries, but I had two bead head nymphs and the wind and it cast beautifully.

How about you PA...got anything to say about that LAUNCH?

Sorry, no pictures today, and even had my camera, just forgot.
[signature]
Yes I do. The launch is wonderful. Faster action than I'm used to, but I adjusted ok. What a great feel.
As for the sharkskin all I can say is WOW!!! what a smooth casting line. Joni is right. It just falls out of the guides. I'm not the best caster there is, but a 40 -55 ft roll cast with this line with an indacator was no problem. It was even a cinch to cast right direct into the wind also. WOW ! It is wworth every bit of the $100.
The fish are still there. Joni had a couple hits. All the open water is on the east side. Sorry, but I didnt get any pictures either.
If I see you on the water, you are welcome to try the launch and the sharkskin. I think you will impressed.
[signature]