Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing anyone ?
We roughly have a good 11" of ice on the lake and it took a whole lot of drilling to find a few gills this afternoon , nothing big by any means a few 4" to 5" , and 6 that went well over 7" .

I didn't get any pike on the tip-up but I didn't fish the area I usually go for them .
Next weekend I'm taking my nephew out for some ice fishing , it should be interesting it will be his first time .

How you guys doing ?
[signature]
went out on portage lake in jackson county this weekend. first time out this year. caught a few small perch. someone had some gills (2 or 3) but nothing to brag about, other than just getting out. fished off the county park side straight out till the drop in about 16 ft of water.
[signature]
Hey , great hearing from you , did you take your son out with you too ?
I'm planning on heading back out on the ice saturday with the dvd cam to take some footage of some pike fishing .
You must be all healed up from the bike accident ?
How is the bike , minor damage hopefully .
I've had my share of them myself , mostly mirrors, handle bars ,brake levers and shifters .Two met there demise under semi-trucks .
Wow , mention cycles and I can go on for hours , sorry for jumping off the fishing topic but , once a rider always a rider I guess .
[signature]
Bike was a total and I almost was. shattered my right leg broken shoulder and other misc injuries. that was in july of 08 finally able to get out and do some things had my Grandson with me for his first bike trip luckily he only got a scrape on his forehead and elbow. now at 12 he thinks he is invincible. thanks for asking. S.F.
[signature]
Wow , you did have a good spill !
Sorry about the bike . That grandson of yours sounds like he's something special , must take after his gramps no doubt .
You must have been totally bedridden for a few months , with the sholder theres no way to use the crutches .
I'm glad everythig is comming together and your well enough to venture out a bit .
Do you have any other fishing trips comming up soon or is it taking it day by day untill the mood strikes ?
[signature]
cycling dosnt get the respect it deserves for being one of the most dangerous sports of all.

in my youth I would cycle a good 30-60 miles a day. every day, to collage, to work, to the doctors office 30 miles away.

now at age 50, there is not fat on my legs, to bad some of that burn didnt go to the dunlap area...[fishin]

them cycle accidents, well all I can say any trip you can walk away from is a good one. Cement truck vrs Semi who's to say wich is worse, I guess flat is flat... even cars that refuse to ecnoloage that cycles have the right of way is as nasty as the fullest cement truck. I remember those days while traveling on city streets where those cars and trucks including semis and cement trucks who would refuse to slow down when passing or refuse to pass you like you are a real vehical and move over to the other lane like they were susuposed to, comming by so close that if you stuck out your left arm to make a right hand turn you would loose it....

back to ice fishing, I have not been yet. we do have ice, cant tell ya how much first hand, I havent drilled my first hole yet this season. but I do have a pic to share, I took it just a few minutes ago just before sunrise.

[center][url "javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1033.JPG][/url]
[center]
[center]weather man says -1 I think he should stick his nose out the door.
[signature]
[url "javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1034.JPG][/url]

the sun is up now, took another pic to show I am not taking a pic of inside my freezer, actualy the inside of my freezer is not this cold...
[signature]
The woodburner has been going pretty much non stop except for a few hours on the weekend when I get to play chimney sweeper .
I was planning on tip up fishing saturday but I have to work , maybe sunday I can head out .
[signature]
any plans on tipup town? if so send me a pm on the day and times and location...

I am concidering it this year... been too long since I last was there...
[signature]
ya let me know too...it's been like 20 years maybe id like to go too... maybe hook up with ya???
[signature]
[url "http://www.tip-up-townusa.com/cgi-bin/tutusa2006/index.html"]http://www.tip-up-townusa.com/cgi-bin/tutusa2006/index.html[/url]

This is the last weekend !
[signature]