Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weekend summary
well it was camping in the rain for the most part , the sun finally arrived for the trip home .

went fishing on saturday after finding worms along the two-track on the way to the lake . i also found a white morell . i landed several blue gill in the 7-8 inch range with just a bobber and a hook . bonus fish were a couple keeper perch . cought a few smallies too , but none were keepers .

sunday was a treat , four black morells , found a fawn hiding in the brush- left it undisturbed too . i took pics of the fawn but the camera settings were off -the pic turned out very white in color , i was really bummed about that . also spotted a large gobbler for one of our campers who was hunting , but the bird just didn't want any of hiss calling . twards evening i stopped at a garage sale , there was some computer gear there that the guy (KEN) GLADLEY DONATED TWARDS SSORS COMPUTER GROUP FOR THE HANDICAPED .

for dinner that evening we had bear sausage and steaks , buffalo ribs , deep fried turkey and venison taco salid . there was also morells in the turkey stuffing , mashed potatoes , gravy , pickeled cuces n' onions , camp beans , homemade bread , well more fixins' stuff than you could fill a couple platters with . nobody went hungry thats for sure . the kids were also roasting weenie dogs and making smores . later was pop corn and more smores . liquid refreshments for the grown ups were served after the kids finally went to bed . some partook of more than others . i staded as the desiginated camper for the group . but we all had fun , swaping lies and playing rock and roll trivia to each song on the radio . a real good time for all .

monday concluded with a big breakfast and the packing up of the camp . everyone shared in the clean-up and took some time to relax with a few walks thru the woods . the weeked was a pretty good time for all .

[Image: HOLL7787CustomImage0354948.jpg]

FAWN IN CENTER (LIGHT BROWN)
[signature]

it took a lot of work , but here it is !

[Image: HOLL7787CustomImage0365125.jpg]

[Image: HOLL7787CustomImage0375785.jpg]
[signature]
yep, spring is a spactacular time of year,

especialy if you love new borns.

I had some new born bunnies in my yard, till a coon got in and killed them. still bummin, the neighbors cat woul probably had gotten them in a week or so any way.

I am glad you did not touch the fawn, I am sure that you know that if you get your smell on a new born that the mother will abandon the fawn.

nice photo.

this realy shows how well deer blend in to their suroundings.
[signature]
SURE DID , READ IT IN A BOOK WHEN I WAS A YOUNGSTER , TOOK IT AS GOSPEL AND HAVE NEVER DISTURBED ONE . WELL I ALMOST STEPPED ON ONE ONCE , BUT IT JUMPED UP SO FAST , IT SCARE ME INTO A NEW PAIR OF SHORTS ![blush]

WE HAVE BUNNIES EVERY YEAR , COME FALL NOT ONE CAN BE FOUND .

I'M KIND OF LUCKY , SO FAR OUR YARD VISITORS INCLUDE A BOBCAT , WOLF ,COYOTE , BEAR , TURKEY , BUNNEYS , GREY HERON , BALD EAGLE, HAWKS , TURKEY BUSSARDS , DEER , HORNED OWLS , BARN OWLS , BROWN BATS , POSSOMS ,SQUIRLS AND CHIPMONKS, COONS , TURTLES , NEWTS , SNAKES OF ALL KINDS , GRASS AND TREE FROGS , AND OUR LATEST VISITOR A RED FOX .

A REGULAR OUTDOOR ZOO ! GREAT FOR THE KIDS . OUR RESIDENT BUNNY HAS BEEN NAMED SO I CAN'T EVER CHANGE IT'S NAME TO "STEW ".
[signature]
try hossenpheffer, the kids will never get that one lol
[signature]
i did ! but the kids have seen thoes old bugs bunny cartoons and know what it is ! lol !
[signature]