Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
millionare?
because i lost that rod and reel at cabrillo beach, i have to replace it. I already bought a rod, and now i am looking for the reel to be paired with it. I was looking into the Daiwa Millionares.

I would like some input from you guys about it. some personal experiences and/or things you've heard would be very helpful.... thanks[Wink]

joe
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]there ok.. i used one this summer when this guy had one and i always hook and handed for him.. there cool![/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Joe. The Daiwa Millionaire is a good reel...with seven bearings and a very good magnetic anti-backlash system. The drag is silky smooth too, and can tame some big fish on light gear.

[url "javascript: window.open('pic_mcvz300a.gif','image','resizable=yes,width=425,height=425'); void('');"][Image: th_mcvz300a.gif][/url]

There are several models, and most will take over 200 yards of 12 or 14 # line...a lot more if you fish lighter.

Is that what you had before, or are you thinking of upgrading? Whenever possible, when you make that kind of investment, it is good to be able to make some casts with it first...on YOUR rod. Even better if you could take one fishing for "field testing".

Too bad about losing your other rig. Hope you manage to avoid that kind of thing again.

Good luck in your search.

TubeDude
[signature]
well actually, i had a corsair300A and i didnt really like it. it wasn't very smooth and the level wind didnt work well ( lets just say it didnt really put the line on "level").

that reel is about 200 bucks(the millionare in your pic).

I just bought one thinking it was the same one, but when i got home, i was reading the box. it only has 2 ball bearings. its a different series. much cheaper. I got this reel for $49. I knew it was too good to be true. a seven ball-bearing reel for only 50 bucks.... no way[shocked]!!

I'm going to return the reel tonight and buy a shimano low-profile baitcast reel.

thanks anyways

joe
[signature]
oops.. i guess my post earlier didnt work!

oh well

joe
[signature]
[cool]I have a couple of cheapy Shimano low profiles...left hand retrieve...that I use for light tackle stuff. I like them, but would want beefier ones for salt water. I have heard good reports from others on the Shimanos. I like the low profile cause I can get a good grip on it with the non-winding hand, for extra lift.

Too bad you had to give up bearings for price, but that's usually the way it works.

TubeDude
[signature]
yep! thats life!haha... thats what my parents tell me.

Im going to be using the reel for just fishing the bays in my float tube,and maybe fishing off of peirs. I'm probably not going to catch any thing really big on it... well...im always hoping for that big halibut.

I like the low-profile reels for the same reason.

joe
[signature]
WHat did you end up buying?

Aaron
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]i just got a tn 20 from shimano on my birthday and havent tried it because im waiting for my 800m to be ready...[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]