Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ice fish yuba in the afternoon?
The wife wants to go ice fishing tomorow but its going to be an afternoon trip because she works in the morning. Has anyone had any luck fishing in the afternoon and evenings? Also how does the ice hold up in the afternoons any slush or watery edges i plan on taking my atv but i dont want to get stuck.
[signature]
We got our limits today fishing 12:30-5:00ish. A little bit of water on the edge. No slush. Great weather. Great walking conditions. Fished west side (Oasis?) straight out from the boat ramp on the far side 30-45 ft. VERY VERY light bite. The bigger the perch, the lighter they bit! Never seen perch bite so light at Yuba! Used various 2.5 inch glow jigs tipped with waxies and mealies. There was several ATV's on the ice today. Do not be afraid to move once in awhile. The fish were on the move big time...coming and going in waves. Also, dead stick one bait and jig the other. We had several porkies tape at 12.5 inches!
[signature]
Might head down that way myself.
[signature]
i am toying with the idea myself, but will have to play it by ear. I do know I want to go ice fishing on monday, just haven't decided where,
jed
[signature]