Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casa Vieja fishing report
Casa Vieja Lodge Fishing Report
January 8 through 13, 2009
cid:X.MA1.1232039864@aol.com
Pat Ford Photo
Greetings from Casa Guatemala
I just returned to my second home here at The Casa Vieja Lodge after spending Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at “The Fly Fishing Show in  Denver. The show was well attended with 20 to 25 percent more fishermen attending than last year. My Seminars on “Fly Fishing For Billfish in Guatemala” and “Extreme Tarpon on Fly” were very well attended with lots of new clients planning trips to Casa Vieja Lodge and to the Keys. I did get home to my beloved North Carolina for a day before returning to Guatemala. Last week while I was gone the Casa Vieja Lodge Boats along with the lodge guests had some very good fishing. My friend and world class angler Nick Smith along with captain Chip Schaeffer were fishing aboard Nick’s vessel “Old Reliable” from January 7 through 13. Nick and Chip as a team who spend a lot of time chasing Billfish on fly had some good fly fishing. They released 88 sailfish on fly during those 8 days while staying here at Casa Vieja Lodge. To the best of my knowledge Nick as a fly angler has caught more Billfish on fly than any other angler, he is my hero! Jim Turner, the owner of Casa Vieja Lodge was here for a few days doing some work. He did manage to fish one half day aboard his Rybovitch “#20” with Captain Jason Brice, they had a good half day releasing 5 sailfish and a Blue Marlin estimated at 275 pounds. Jim also fished a day with legendary captain Ron Hamlin aboard the Casa Vieja Fleet’s vessel “Finest Kind. Reports have it that Jim caught and released 5 sailfish on fly while fishing with Captain Ron. Rick Murphy, host of the TV show Sport Fishing Adventures, hosted a group of 9 anglers while filming a show about the great sail fishing here at Casa Vieja Lodge in . Rick’s group arrived on January 8, fished the 9, 10, 11, and left on the twelfth, after catching a total if 77 Sailfish from 144 bites with 3 boats fishing each day. Rick’s group fished aboard, “Release” with Captain Niko Melendrez, “Canaso” with Captain Chico Alvaranga , “Twenty” with Captain Jason Brice, “Rum Line” with Captain Chris Sheeder, and “Intensity” with Captain Mike Sheeder. All five of these Casa Vieja Fleet vessels caught fish for this happy group of anglers. My next group of 12 Sailfish School anglers are arriving with Chuck Laughridge from today for 3 days of sail fishing. Another group of four anglers from another area will also arrive today, which we will have 5 or 6 boats of the Casa Vieja fleet fishing during the next 3 days. I will do my best to get pictures and fishing reports out each day of my School. Casa Vieja Lodge is an awesome spot, you all need to get down here and share the best sail fishing in the world, by the way my good friend Captain Ron Hamlin will be working with this trip of the Sailfish School, welcome back Captain Ron! More fishing reports to follow, wish you were here! Oh yeah, I do love my job!
Regards:
Jake
id:X.MA2.1232039864@aol.com
Anglers Socializing at The Casa Vieja Lodgedining room!
Captain Jake Jordan
Jake Jordan's Fishing Adventures
PO Box 309 (US Mail)
223 Lemonwood Drive (Freight)
Havelock NC 28532
252-444-3308 Home/Office
305-872-6060 Cell
www.jakejordan.com

[signature]