Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Virginia
New to Virginia and was wondering if someone can tell me a couple of good spots to fish.
[signature]
Where are you in Virginia and what are you looking to catch? I know of a few spots!

mwilliams201
[signature]
I live in Chester and we are only here 6 mos. I used to go out on a charter in New Jersey for stripped bass, weak fish, fluke and always caught blues. I do not have a preference so any help would be great thanks.
[signature]
just wondering if you found a couple places to wet a line?

if so, how did you do? no need to give away your favorite spot. general information is cool.
[signature]
Depending on what part of the state you are in, there are some excellent fishing opportunities. For saltwater species, the entire Hampton Roads areas are great. You have access to rivers, as well as the Chesapeake Bay. The Central Virginia area has Lake Anna and Lake Orange. The James River has tremendous fishing for Catfish, Stripers, and Smallmouth Bass. The southern part of the state has Smith Mountain Lake, a wonderful fishery. The Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries website is a wealth of information. Good fishing and tight lines.
[signature]