Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy
Hey guys. I'm new to the site. Live in Greensboro, NC and fish Smith Mountain Lake, Buggs Island Lake, and High Rock Lake mostly. Striper fishing is what I normally fish for, but love to crappie fish also. Fish the NC coast a couple times each year and go to the Gulf side of Florida for two weeks each year. Love fishing in Florida! They've got it made down there with the weather and scenery. Fish out of a 238DLV Carolina Skiff. Look forward to contributing to ya'll's forum.

Don Dempsey
[signature]
Hey there Yellowdog,
Great to have you on board!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there yellowdog and welcome to the BFT. What part of the gulf do you like to fish?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][fishin]
[signature]
We go to Little Gasparilla Island. It's about 2 hours south of Tampa. Accessible only by boat. A poor man's Bald Head Island. The houses are cheap(compared to the NC coast). We stay for two weeks, for what one week on the Outer Banks was costing us. The fishing is great. Last year my wife and me hooked 9 tarpon in three days and got two to the boat. Also catch grouper, snook, redfish, jack, trout, pompano, etc. The water's as clear as gin. Good restaurants that you can get to by boat.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Use to fish a bit south of your fun spot on Sanibel Island. Water down there was like sitting in a bathtub.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]