Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surf Fishen @ IBSP NJ
I live in Pa but I surf fish @ IBSP in NJ. Does anyone fish in or near "the park" [cool]
[signature]
hey river rat, i'm in Hummelstown and travel down to Brigantine to do some durf fishing and thinking about hitting Delawares beaches this year...if you need a fishin buddy or want to carpool on some fishing trip, give me a shout

Rob
[signature]
In Lewes Del.
I've been thinking about surf fishing at the hook looken place near the ferry landing. Got any tips for that aera [Image: dumb.gif]
No buggy for me, prob need one for that aera?
[signature]
I havent fished Lewes myself yet either, hoping to get some time in there this year..i hear that you can get some good fishing in down off the pier, and i'm gonna hit the beach in Cape Henlopen SP

Probably gonn atry the surf down in Brigantine NJ near the end of March, should be hitting the beginning of the striper run then
[signature]
[Wink] I'll wave when I'm fishen the inlet jetty
Also post all results.
Sites like this help with the timing of my trips

A friend of a friend has a house and buggy in Lewes. I'll go if invited.
[signature]
looks like i'm gonna head down to Brigantine aorund the 18th of March for the day, or might spend the overnight fishing depending on the weather....probably not gonn ahit Lewes until the end of april or may sometime

Rob
[signature]
I'll go when I read of a bite, or when the surf temp & wind direction are (what I think) right [cool]
[signature]
early this week, 2/24/09, a dead striper with a big chunk bitten out of it washed up on shore in Brigantine NJ according to a report i read...stripers may be starting to move
[signature]
It is getting close to the time for the good Stripers in NJ coastal area. I have been out there many times and love catching them on Kastmasters with bucktail and Krocs.[cool]
[signature]
heard that a keeper striper was caught in Brigantine, not sure if it was off the beach or not, but they are starting to show up
[signature]
That whole stretch there is good. It is better just around the mouth of the port entrances. The south port entrance is the better of the 2. You can go out on the Jetty there and nail em good.

As soon as the water warms just a bit more, they come in pretty good.[cool]
[signature]