Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cast nets in california
[Wink][size 4]ok tell me if it is illegal all together to use them in california or legal just has to be a certain diameter???? i need to know becuz i found my dads old 6' one in the garage and i am learning how to throw it... i need to know.... later thanks!!![/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
Only legal above Pt Conception in saltwater:

From DFG 2003 Regs. PG 28:

"28.80 Dip Nets & Hawaiian Throw Nets,
Dip nets of any size and Baited Hoop Nets not greater than 36" in Dia. May be used to take Herring, Pacific Staghorn Sculpin, Shiner Surfperch, Surfsmelt, Topsmelt, Anchovies, Shrimp, & Squid. Hawaiian Type Throw Nets may be used North of Point Conception to take such species."
[signature]
What would be the fine if we got caught?[Wink]

We only want some smelt and chovies!!!!!

Aaron

Big and small kill em all!!!

Ps> Chris Im makin shirts in Commercial arts class with my logo and a rod and a fish in a circle, Ill make the dh Tubin crew a bunch!!!!!!!!!![cool]
[signature]

dh TubinChris,

Have you checked the difference between the saltwater and the freshwater regulations It's very interesting. You can get these regs at a lot of the chain sporting goods stores as freebies.

Two different booklets. Get'em and bone up!

Your buddy,

JapanRon
[signature]
Hi TubinChris: I don't know why that some one has not flat out said to you that cast nets cannot be used in Southern California waters. Cast nets are wide circles of nylon mesh material with lead weights sewn on their perimeter. I watched the fish and game cite a number of people in the San Gabriel River for using them. Hoop nets are basic stainless steel rings with a net attached. Cast nets have to be thrown Hoop Nets are lifted. The guys that got nailed on the San Gabriel River were our illegals from the south and certainly did't know any better...yes they do now!
[signature]
No need to go to the store, check these links.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fg_comm/2003/freshfish03.pdf

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fg_comm/2003/oceanfish03.html
[signature]
hahahaha[cool][laugh][cool][laugh] come up with the coolest stuff! shirts for the dh crew huh? haha...

you have a class where you make shirts? cool!

joe
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]thanks for all the information guys... that helped alot.....[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[laugh][/size]
[signature]