Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Ice??
We got to Yuba about 10:00, and had to walk the plank...

Water is open for about 5' to 6' around the edge at the dam end at 10:00 and got worse as the day went on, water all over the ice...

The ice was 12" to 14" 4 days ago at the dam side and 16" to 18" at painted rocks side, now at the dam end it is about 6" and some open holes (that was not drilled)...
By the time we left at 2:00 people was getting wet when trying to cross from the ice to shore...And with the warm wind and rain and temp in the high 30 to low 40 it may not be safe if we don't get below freezing soon...Tonight they say it will only get down to 35 for a low at Yuba...
[signature]
yeah 9 mile and paliSades were the same way today.. could not even get on paliSades 10 to 12 feet of bad ice to get to the good stuff.. the water level there has come up 10 to 12 feet in the past 3 day's.. we got out on 9 mile but getting off was a knee deep wade..

be carefull out there on the lower valley lakes!!!
[signature]
I backed my truck down the ramp at Yuba to let people step on my tale gate to keep from getting wet, by morning it will only be worse...
[signature]
So did you catch any Cliff?
[signature]
You had to ask.. I did not catch a perch on this trip,but my grandson did...

I didn't like how the ice looked so I didn't try to get my 4-wheeler on the ice to get to where we found fishing to be good...

We could see a few fish on the depth finder but on the camera when we put it down to look at what kind of fish all we seen was carp, two pike and the one perch my grandson got...
[signature]