Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Brown again!!!
Hit The nelle Sunday, chasing browns,
Befor the front came in and the fishing died off,
we mansged to stick ANOTHER Big BROWN and lost a few at the hole, Did land one bow? ,
But the Brown was 251/2" long, [Wink][Wink][Wink][fishin]
[signature]
Nice brown!!! Still some good ice up there? Thinkin of maybe hitting it this weekend.
[signature]
Very nice Brown, good job
[signature]
SWEET!!
[signature]
Very nice indeed! I was headed up Friday evening for a night on the ice... got to the canyon and the cell rang, called back to work... yuk.

You still got the wheeler out? Edges ok?
[signature]
Nice fish, long and skinny, looks like he needs too bulk up.
[signature]
Looks to me like his "bulking up" days are done. It's ok though the DWR will plant more....
[signature]
It was a hen and she has already spawned out so that might be why she is so skinny Maybe??????[crazy]
[signature]
You should have said she is long and skinny...[Wink]
[signature]
I hope that you kept her to be mounted not for eating...

Big fish like that are hard to come by, they take a long time to grow...[crazy]
[signature]
I thought you said you catch big browns all the time??
[signature]
Hey bassrods,
The guy that I took up there so he could stick a big brown, and he wants to put it on his wall, if it was me or my son we would have released it because I prefer catch & release, with the bigger fish,
But this was the guys first big brown so if that is what he wants is to have it put on his wall that is okay , [Wink]
[signature]
Just an idea take a picture have a duplication made.[Smile]

Rapalas R very photogenic
[signature]
[#8000ff]Tell your friend congrat's and tell him that the fish will make a great looking skin mount....[/#8000ff]
[signature]
cadresults . Thanks, That is what he is going to do with his is have a real skin mount done.
Plus that is all I have is skin mounts done also when I get a fish that I want to put on the wall.
I don't care for the phony mounts they just don't look right.
Been doing this for a lot of years, you would think i would know what to do. I don't keep many but the real trophies will be on my wall. ( A FEW ) But not all of them.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice Job, I bet that made your day !
[signature]
I do catch a few but I don't kill them...

The more that are killed the less we have to catch, if some one wants to have a mount thats one thing but to kill them just to say they caught one is wrong + the browns have high counts of mercury...
[signature]
Like Bigfishwanted says let him take a picture and get one made that way, but if not I hope he does get a good mount made...
[signature]
bassrods, I totally agree with you, C&P&R is all we do as far as the big fish but that was his biggest brown and you could see she was getting old she had seen better days,
That is why he decided to have her mounted,
If you eat fish you should eat the bows anyway not the browns or the bass [Wink]
PS, I have never liked fiberglas mounts and Macks & Browns oil out to fast , that is why I release most all of my fish, I do keep a few small Macks to eat and a few bows but never a big fish they are not good to eat anyway.
Roger.[Wink]
[signature]
I wonder how many people don't post their pictures because they don't want to listen to this crap. The next trout I post is going to be breaded in eggs and flour and deep fried. I don't think every fish should be kept either, but no one should have to justify keeping a fish to you.
[signature]