Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine Lake and Barker Resevoir, Utah **REPORT**
Day 1

[Image: rate2.jpg] Rating 0-5 0=[Sad] 5=[Smile]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: pinelake002.jpg][/size][/font][size 1] [/size] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 4]Pine Lake Campground [/size][/font][/center]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I went to Pine Lake, Utah just north of Bryce Canyon National Park. I got to the campground around 3 PM. What a “Booyaaa” beautiful site we had. We could have placed 10 tents there. I was only there for a short time when Hedgesd got there. We set up camp and were waiting for Southernman to show up. He showed up later that afternoon. When camp was ready we all went to Pine Lake to do some fishing. What a great picturesque view of the lake and the mountains. There were a few fishermen hitting the lake. Southernman got the first hit and it was a 8” rainbow trout. He caught it on Power Bait. We all tried for several hours to catch fish but weren’t lucky Boo Hoo. Southernman got another hit and brought in another 14” bow. That was all that was caught by us. Hedgesd with his arm in a sling and I didn’t catch a thing. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We went back to camp and had dinner. I cooked dinner for the guys and they really enjoyed it. I guess helping Boy Scouts to learn how to cook taught me some great skills. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: pinelake004.jpg][/size][/font] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Southernman catching his first fish of the day![/size][/font][/center]

[Image: pinelake001.jpg]

[center][size 3]Pine Lake[/size][/center][size 3][/size] [left]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Day 2[/size][/font]
[Image: rate3.jpg]Rating 0-5 0=[Sad] 5=[Smile]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Saturday morning we went out to Pine Lake again to see what we could do. There were several Tubers as well as people fishing off shore. I decided to try Power Bait again and see what would happen. I tried Rainbow Sherbet, Pink, Green and some Crave. Nothing, I mean Nothinnnnnnnnnnnnnnng Not even a bite. We decided to leave Pine Lake and go eat lunch. My 2 sons showed up at camp when we got back from Pine Lake. At lunch we decided to go to another area. We got out our maps and Hedgesd showed us several areas we could go that were close Posey Lake and Barker Lake. We decided that Barker Lake would be the stop. It was only 30 miles away. Yea Right! 70 miles later with 17 miles of dirt road we got there. Well guys I want to tell you it was the most picturesque lake I have ever seen. Surrounded by a stand of Quaking Aspens it was beautiful. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: barker001.jpg][/size][/font] [/left] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 4]Barker Resevoir Awesume Baby[/size][/font]

[Image: barker002.jpg] [/center] [left][size 4]The Guys Fishing[/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We started fishing with Power Bait and Southernman got a nice 1 lb Brookie what a colorful trout it was. Later he [/size]caught a [size 3]14 –15” Rainbow. The rest of us got skunked again. After an afternoon of fishing we decided to head back to Pine Lake. I had prepared Swiss steak in a Dutch oven and cooked it in a pit before we left for Barker Resevoir. When we got back to camp it was ready to eat. Boy did everyone like it. I told them that they wouldn’t need a knife and I was right. After our stomachs were full we went to Pine Lake and fished. Nobody caught anything. It sure was a nice evening though. We topped it off with some Dutch Oven Cherry and Raspberry Dump Cake dessert I made for everybody back at camp. Boy was it [/size][size 6]goooooooooood![/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Day 3 [/size][/font]
[Image: rate3.jpg] Rating 0-5 0=[Sad] 5=[Smile]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We all went to Pine lake and fished. Saw several Tubers a couple of boats and lots of people on the shore. Well it got better today. I got my first fish, a nice 12” rainbow. I was using Power Bait and Crave mixture. Later I caught another rainbow about ¾ lbs. That is when both my sons caught their first fish of the weekend. My youngest, it was his first! Ever! He also caught another one later on. All were caught using Power Bait and Crave Mixture. Southernman caught another fish that day too! It was a pretty good day. Both my son’s had to go home as well as Hedgesd. Several people were also catching rainbows around the lake. I meet a nice tuber from Antlimony, Utah. He showed me some of the items I would need if I wanted to purchase a tube for fishing. I gave him a BFT Sticker for his help. We said that they opened Pine Lake for the first time to ice fishing this past winter. Southernman and I fished that night ‘till we couldn’t fish anymore. It was great! [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: pinelake003.jpg][/size][/font] [/left] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 4]Mike's First Fish[/size][/font][/center]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: pine1.jpg][/size][/font] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]That's Me Nighthawk[/size][/font][/center]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Day 4 [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I woke up and went to the lake early. Only a few anglers were out. I tried fishing with a bubble using a dry fly and Wolly Bugger setup Southernman set me up with. I got several bites but couldn’t land any fish. One day I will get one on it. Later we broke camp and went home. We all got something to show for our efforts and everyone used the Catch and Release Program. I want to thank Hedgesd for his help. What a great guy to get to know. There are not many anglers that will tell you what you need to do to catch fish in Southern Utah. Thanks to my sons for coming up and enjoying their time there. Thanks go out to Southernman for getting me back into enjoying fishing again! It doesn’t matter whether you catch any fish or not it is the friendships you make and the enjoyment you have doing it. As I fished I watched several families that were teaching their sons and daughters how to fish. I even seen them catch fish and release them. [/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][size 5]Take a kid fishing! I Did[/size][/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wow Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a weeeeeeeeeeeeeekend! Outstanding! Great![Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[url "http://www.fs.fed.us/dxnf/fishing/reservoirs/pinel.htm"][/url]
[signature]