Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander Perch Fishing
[frown] Ice fished Alexander Res. today from 11-2p.m. at the upper landing located at the park. Slowwww fishing. Caught two 6-1/2" and a 7" perch on a white feathered 1/32nd jig and the 3rd perch on a green ice jig with wax worm. Drilled three holes and the depth finder showed the 3rd hole had plenty of fish moving through [Smile]. However, fish pretty much had lock jaw.[frown]

Met two other fellows at the mid landing area and they only had one 7" and a 6" perch. Fishing slow also.

DeeCee
[signature]
I wonder what happened. It was great for the 2 days prior. Of course, that was at the end of Second Bridge Rd. I don't know enough about Alexander to know where you were (mid landing? Upper landing? Park?)
[signature]
[cool] Sorry Iwantabuggy, I am more of a landmark person that a named street person. The upper landing and park I referred to I believe is the one administered by a power company. It has a building with toilet, dock and launch ramp with graveled parking area and a lawn on the east end. There is a small bay (maybe 5 acres) directly to the East. Also there are some willows and a small stream about small irrigation ditch size that flows into the bay at the willows.
The parking lot would hold about15 cars or so. There is a grass covered hill with a home or two on it on the other side of the bay. To access the park and launch you turn not on a road but right into the park from the state highway and travel about 50-75 yards to the boat launch area. The other place I visited but didn't fish was just above the dam and powerhouse where there was a parking area and park by some homes and buildings. I turned off the state hiway by a large tan metal building and some historical markers (I believe state hiway building). Good fishing, DeeCee
[signature]