Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Second Perch
Saw this today thought it was pretty interesting save ya allot of time cleaning perch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTlFwQb7...r_embedded
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]SAVE TIME????[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the same amount of time it took that guy to get a skinned fish, I could have 3 perch filleted and skinned...boneless.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not a bad deal for dink perch though. Those small ones are almost not worth the effort to fillet, even if you are good with the electric. You might recover a bit more meat with the skinning and frying method.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I prefer to fish for bigger perch and to fillet them. A lot more recipes you can use on fillets...not just frying.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LOL - cool yes, 10 seconds ... nope [Smile]

I have a feeling I would goof it up [Wink]
[signature]
That's awesome. Of course tube dude is better[crazy]
(the negative old poop!)

Thanks for posting that.
[signature]
it's a neat idea except for the fact it's still got the bones. and I gotta say, that was the longest 10 seconds I've ever been a part of.
[signature]
Me too! I hate perch bones. [mad]
[signature]
Some of the other videos on that page are closer to how I handle them. I like the boneless method too.
[signature]
I am afraid that I woul cut my fingure off doing that... lol
[signature]
Cool video but i like boneless fillets plus it wont take me 10 seconds to fillet a perch with a good filet knife.
[signature]
Yeah, that's precisely the way I've done small perch for years, but the first time I've seen anyone else do it. I always deep fry perch, and the flesh just falls away from the bones, leaving the backbone and ribs intact. Probably risky for small kids, since the ribs are very hard and sharp and WILL get stuck in your throat if you're not careful while you're eating. You can clean a big mess of smaller perch quickly this way, mainly because the skin's so extremely tough and doesn't tear.
[signature]
I agree boneless is best. As a side note: I smoked a few we got from Yuba, not that good, guess their not ment to be smoked? love um pan fried though. Just had to try them though with some big ole Otter Creek boys I was doing. HHmmmm maybe skinned with bones would have been better? Oh well I'll stick to the trout.
[signature]