Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 eye balls lookin at us you be damned if ya do or damned if ya dont
jumbos jumbos and more jumbos. safety first see pic. took some friends to the seeeeeeccret island. I'll let the pix do the talking. green jigs. it was fun fishing with you jim and the boys.
[center]
[center]PIKEMAN GO FISH
[signature]

[center][#0000ff]EDITED FOR PIC SIZES[/#0000ff]
very nice... did u take a machine? ice conditions?
looks like everyone had a great time!
gracias
[signature]
Nice job! Way to ice them.
[signature]
Now that looks like a great dinner..[cool]
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
I just cant look at your posts anymore, do you have to drill a hole or do them fish just jump through the ice by themselves when you come around. I cant buy a day like that, or even a perch. very nice job very nice
[signature]
wow pikeman strikes again. awesome job. looks like fun im headed down there next week was the ice thick enough for wheelers. if you guys wanna go call me ill pull the sleds out so bens back can get a break. good fishing guys
[signature]
Nice catch Guys
[signature]
Hey Pikeman, It was great fishing with you again! What a great day. Thanks again for the opportunity to tag along on what turned out to be an exceptional day. My nephew is sure to have a great story to go home with.

It's all I can do to let those fillets sit until the game tomorrow. Can't wait for the fish tacos!

Great to meet you too Bill and Ben. Good fishing is better with good company! [cool]

Jim, Jimmy and Donny.
[signature]
No machines HaggardW, after seeing the ice there last week none of us wanted to take the chance. We did see a side-by-side out there. We thought he was pretty brave, but we thought the ice was good for wheelers after walking around all day. We found 9 pretty good inches of ice in all the holes we drilled.
[signature]
ya your welcome Jim. it was nice meeting jimmy and donnie. I'm still trying to figure out how to send these pix. to your email. I guess I should have stayed in school a few days longer duh but I'll get it. it might take me a day or two. maybe you'll have to share with that taco recipe. there some guys on here that would love it.
[center]
[center]PIKEMAN GONE FISH'EN
[signature]
Nice pictures Yuba is great...

Did you see the old guy that had the hart a tack just on the ice in front of the boat ramp???From what I heard he laid there and no one helped him, he had to call for help his self...

He is up in the VA Hospital now...This all happen about 8:00 to 8:30...
[signature]
Thank you very much for the update... I think I will give it a run tomorrow and see what I find.
[signature]
Wow! That's a nice batch of Perchie's. I hope to have the same luck in the morning. We are headed for Painted rocks to see what will jump through the ice for us[Wink]. I will post report and conditions in the afternoon sometime. Some people got it some don't. Pikeman, you got it[cool]!
[signature]
You need to change your name to perchman. Great job, makes me want to get out after the perchies for a fish taco dinner. Yum Yum
[signature]
Way to lay waste to a better grade of fish.
[signature]
Glen,

It was nice running into you and the other fellas on Saturday. Thanks for the info.

For everyone else's benefit, I will say that we had the OPPOSITE action of Mr. Pikeman. We caught about a half dozen perch for 5 of us...fishing directly across the lake from the Oasis ramp. When we first saw Glen's group. they were just specks on the horizon... you guys must've hiked a couple miles each way! We thought maybe they broke down out there! Folks, the only way to get action like Pikeman gets, is to work your butt off and get well away from the popular areas. All the popular areas are getting hammered and the fish are getting finicky. It's not that the fish aren't in those areas, they just are not biting as readily. We overheard one guy with a fish camera say that there was lots of fish belly to the bottom, but they were not interested in his offerings. So don't go to Yuba EXPECTING to get limits of jumbos unless you strap on your hiking boots and put on some miles! We have gone from limits 3 weeks ago to the piss-poor action we had this past weekend. We talked to quite a few people with similar poor results... so the action was pretty inconsistent. My final advice: get FAR away from the popular areas (if it is safe to do so) and you'll likely get into the perchies good.
[signature]