Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarasota Fla. Report 11/16/00
November 15, 2000<br><br>Sarasota Fla. Fishing Report<br><br>By Capt. Bob Smith<br><br>The fishing has been good for the last couple of weeks if you could get offshore. There was plenty of large Spanish mackerel, 3-5 pounders around the (M) reefs in 40-50 feet of water. Some very nice kingfish are also being caught in the same area if you can get them in before the barracudas get them. Catching the larger live bait for the kings has also been hard due to their scarcity and the barracudas taking our bait rigs. It has not taken long to hookup with a king using a bluerunner or herring for bait. On the other hand, the Spanish mackerel were feeding well on live shrimp or whitebait and that we had plenty of. Free-line and drifting was the method we used. The barracuda, sharks and little tunny were also on the bite.<br><br>Capt. David Head boated over 15 nice size dolphin fishing 35 miles west of Big Pass. I saw a few nice dolphin, 6-8 pounders that were caught 25 miles offshore.<br><br>Bull reds have been moving along beach in 18 to 30 feet of water. Pat Ricciardi landed a nice 30 pound redfish on the (I) reefs using live shrimp for bait. The fishing has been slow on the (I) reefs but bull reds, mackerel, cobia, flounder and gag grouper are being caught occasionally. <br><br>Enjoy and Protect<br><br>www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com <br><br><br>