Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Ice Report
A few posts have asked how the ice is at the Gorge. As of 01/30 things are good above Currant Creek. There are large patches of open water just south of Currant Creek to about Buckboard and down at the mouth of Marsh Creek. Anvil is frozen and I did notice a couple of guys out on the ice there.

If you are fishing for burbot, you should find good ice in rocky coves down to Anvil. If you are a mack angler--be careful. There are mack areas with 3-4 inches of ice, but it is variable and kind of spooky. Lots of pressure ridges. Two of our fish finders registered water temps of 34 degrees and the ice stopped popping in the day time. I am afraid ice is not going to last long in the main lake areas unless the weather stays cold. Utah looked to be mostly open.
[signature]
[Smile]thanks for the ice report I was wondering what the ice was doing
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Did you do any fishing was this just a check trip?[/#000000][/font]
[signature]
We did fish. I like fishing for macks because of the intensity of watching 2 jigs on your sonar and moving them around to fish as they come on your screen. Our favorite mack spot was soft water, so we had to go with the plan B spot. We caught about 25 macks in the 18-24 inch range. I was fortune enough to luck into a 36 incher (20 lbs.) that came through suspended at 25 feet. Most fish were on or near the bottom in 55-65 feet of water.
[signature]