Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Questions for Clarity
I have thought of a few questions that I'd like to ask, for total clarification on some things...

1) Yesterday (Saturday) and today (Sunday) were very warm, quite enjoyable days, beautiful days for fishing. However, Friday it was pretty chilly, and its supposed to be in the low 40s tomorrow as well...so the question is, how long does it take the water to warm up to a suitable temperature for the bass to be biting shallow? I thought the sun would have bearing on the behavior of the fish, but apparently not, as I fished for an hour and a half and got no hits or anything. Strangely, the results had no effect on my mood. I guess I was just happy to be out there in the beautiful weather.

2) I bought a spinner bait a while back, when I was completely and totally (did I get my point across?) ignorant of how to properly select a lure color. I never knew how to fish it correctly. So, I put it in clear water (bath tub haha) and pulled it like I was reeling it in. This is really where the clarity part comes in. Are the blades the part that spins? Or is the entire thing supposed to spin? If these are effective lures, then I'd like to utilize them this spring and summer when I do extensive bass fishing. Those along with Rapala lures, of course. I'm excited to try more of those.

3) When using crankbaits and lures that dive, would it be ok to put a glass bead and small bullet sinker about 8-12" about the lure? Or would that affect the swim and dive characteristics of the lure? More distance on a cast never hurts in the places I fish.

Maybe one day I'll actually learn how to fish hahaha. I'm working on it. I do want to say thanks to everyone on here, you have all helped me extensively. I hope one day I can reciprocate in some way.
[signature]
Hey simp, looks like your on the right path. Still alittle early for them on spinnerbait. Everything now has to be fished slow . Use your rapalas with a long pause[5-15 secs.] The north side will be warmer this time of year, so try that location. Loose the weight, you'er right it will impead the action. Don't expect alot of bites this time of year, but if you hookup it will be a nice fish.
[signature]
Next warm day I will certainly find the north side...I just hope it's not the side of the pond that you can't get to without a boat...I may go back to the dock though...
[signature]
Things will start happening in your neck of the woods next month. Usually stained shallow water near rocks on the north side of body of water will warm up first but there are alot of variables.
On a spinnerbait only the blades are supposed to spin. Tie your line directly to the spinnerbait, if the whole thing turns you are reeling in to fast or it's not heavy enough.
[signature]
I can't wait til March then. That's not gonna stop me from going to the river, say Friday, when is supposed to be 56 and clear, but I'm gonna wait patiently for this month to be over with.
[signature]