Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need fishing buddy, Not Gay!!!
Ok, now that gay thing is out of the way, I am looking for a fishing buddy, who is not cheap, but willing to pay 1/2 of all cost, somebody who is dependable, won't pick their nose and wipe it under my seat, farts downwind, won't pee on my boat and tell me the bay is getting more and more yellow by the day. Honestly I have many friends, all of which feel I am money bags and can and will pay for everything. This season that all ends. I am a nice guy, but tired of being a patsy for so called friends. It ends this season, period end of story.

I am interested in a guy who is in reasonable good health and can carry things to the boat, without the need of being carried themselves.
I am white, but open to any race, I smoke but have no need to do such, I don't drink and prefer someone who is sober. My experience so far has been like this:
Friend has me pick him up, I buy the gas, tolls, breakfast and lunch, I lend them ten lures, all of which are snapped off because they have no idea how to open a bail, I warn them not to cast around my rods , which are located in the center console, far away from their casting needs. They cast and break a $300 rod tip, then say boy, you need to put them down somewhere else, no offer to pay me back for their stupid actions. We fish all day or at least what they determine all day is, get back to my pier, I clean and filet their fish, clean the boat , and they insist they will bring my cooler back that night. I never see my cooler again, then they complain, about me taking too long to clean the boat and fish and tell me its hot can I hurry up or open the truck and turn on the A/C. I then drive them back to their homes, and they cannot stop thanking me for a great day on the bay. So is this you? DON"T EMAIL ME!!!!

I am looking for a guy like this. He tells his wife he is going fishing with me, and she says, I will see you when I see you. We both agree that we leave fishing when both agree to leave fishing. I don't want to hear, you are missing your AA meeting and need to go.
You cast and break my rod sitting in the holder, and you buy me a new rod and keep the broken one for yourself. In other words, you make me whole again for your own digressions. You bring a cooler , and filet your own fish. I fish but keep hardly nothing. You are on time and come to my house to leave from, unless you are located directly on Rt 2 or Rt 50. I live in the Harbor of Baltimore off Fort Ave, safe area with private parking pads. You pay 1/2 of every expense. Not some, not 1/3 but 1/2. I got a 20' Scout center console, with 90hp Honda outboard, all kept in excellent condition. After fishing you help me clean up the boat. No I don't want your extra bolonga sandwich. I stop and eat or if I pack a lunch its good ham or turkey. I am very clean and don't want to fish with a guy that smells like fresh dog droppings. Sorry that's just me.

I have a shore property where the boat is kept on my lift, so its hardly no delay in getting to the fishing area. I cast lures all the time and seldom do I bottom fish. I catch fish almost each and everytime. No exaggeration, I am good. Charter Captains call me to find out where the fish are located, maybe because I fish mostly 2 times per week. I know where the fish are on the bay, been fishing there all my life. I am also open to bass fishing, and taking carry ons onto ponds. I know many good spots to fish on the eastern shore. If you too have a boat and have a desire to take your boat sometimes, thats fine with me and I will treat you just like I have a desire to be treated. I break something of yours, I pay for it, no questions asked. I lose your lure, I buy you a new one. Now after fishing for awhile, I have no need for someone to buy me a replacement lure and certainly will overlook the little things.

I am open to fish any day of the week during the summer, fall or spring. I don't usually fish in the winter. I like to show things I know and be taught other things I never saw before. I prefer someone my own age, but open to other ages, who have most of the piss and vinegar out of the blood. I am dependable and on time all the time. Never late, never excuses. So if I sound like a real hard butt, don't email me. However if I sound a lot like you, then email me and lets start fishing in the spring. I am cutting out all the looser in my life. I will not be treated like a slave, lucky to have someone to fish. I would rather go by myself than to have those types again. My email is ;Broadview1313@aol.com.
My interest are fishing, antiques, old cars, and the Ravens.
[fishin]
[signature]
Too bad you live and fish in Minnesota instead of Utah or we would get along just fine as fishing buddies.
[signature]
Kent,
I am in Maryland, but still too far from Utah. Nice to know with-in the borders of the United States, there is a person like me though. So far no real responses. The only reason I put that gay thing in was, I joined another site on Outdoor section of Craigslist and got many responses from gay guys. I am certainly not gay. Its funny though , as a joke at my trucking company, I used to take the loud speakers for the yard and announce to a certain driver, he had a phone call from the Gay Fishermans Association, that his dues are delinquent. Please call Bruce right away. I guess its coming back to hawnt me. LOL
Peter
[signature]
Wow -- must have had a brain cramp when I typed Minnesota.[crazy] I am sure that there are plenty of fellow anglers in Maryland who would be great fishing companions. I think your biggest challenge is the lack of activity on the BFT Maryland forum. We get spoiled on the Utah forum (we are the most-active forum on BFT). It is not uncommon on the Utah forum to make a post that one wants to go fishing tomorrow and one is able to line up one or more fellow anglers to go fishing with them.
[signature]
Kent, no need to be sorry for the Maryland thing. NBD!!!!!!!
Yes, I cannot understand why Maryland is so dead related to posting here. Located next to one of the greatest fisheries in the U.S., you woud think this section of the board would be buzzing. I swear, its crazy to me. I guess when you got something great, you do not use it, whereas others would go crazy to have a great fishery.

Typical day on the water. I get up at 7am, drive 1 1/2 hrs to my place, take 15 minutes to arrive at my fishing spot, arriving about 9:15, and start to figure the wind , etc.. Start casting about 9:30 and for the next four five six hours, catch 30 keepers. I keep nothing, never did. I put them all back. Fish range from 19" to 36" depending on the time of the year. Mostly all strippers, some blues, some flounders, and some bull nose rays. I love catching the rays, they fight their butts off. Others hate them. I take the ultra light and start perch fishing, and can catch them all day long, the biggest I ever saw. Mostly all of them are 10-11".

Some real hot days we leave about 3pm, arrive about 5 and fish til dark.

Some parts of the season the Sea Trout are running, sometimes King Mackrell, sometimes Red Drum. Some days the bay is so alive with fish, they jump into the boat. No kidding.

My best fishing is at a local island that has thousands of stumps surrounding. I take the boat in real quiet and cast to the logs. I have hooked monsters in those logs. I am talking about fish 50" or better. Sometimes I lose them, and other times, I get them to the boat.

If I get sick of saltwater, we got three reserviors to fish at, and plenty of ponds for fresh water large mouths. One pond on the eastern shore just two years ago, I caught in five hours, 3 bass over 7#, six over 5# and 14 over 4#, best day I ever had on freshwater. Every lilly pad had a large bass under it. They only allow carry on boats there.

So I cannot understand why the activity is so light here in Maryland. The fishing is great. I hope by the beginning of the season , someone like me will answer my needing a buddy to fish with. If not , I get stuck with the dog. I been buying stuff like mad. I am so ready for fishing season to begin. Well take care and I wish you and your buddy all the best this season has to offer.
Peter
[signature]
I am extremely jealous. Considering we live in a desert and we are located a long ways from any oceans we have good fishing opportunities, but they pale in comparison to what you have to choose from.
[signature]
You need to drain the Salt Lake and replace it with fresh. LOL
Sell the salt to New York for ice removal.

I always wanted to go to Alaska and fish for Halibut. I told the wife last week and she pulled a brouchure out of the trash. It was a whole listing of all the fishing camps for Halibut.

I have fished in almost every state east of the Mississippi River. I love fishing out of Florida. You get to the fishing spots in minutes instead of hours , like in Maryland. Our canyons are 50-65 miles off Ocean City, but down there its more like 5 miles.

When I had the B&B and guided, I had folks from all over the world stay there. England, Netherlands, and Egypt, plus all over the U.S.. I never had any complaints from anyone. They would catch fish and act like a child. Jumping up and down, high fiving. All I heard is OMG, this is so much fun. So groups I would take to the trap range and shoot two rounds of trap, then go fishing. Everyone said, it was the best time they ever had. I had one girl, who never picked up a gun or a rod/reel. No kidding she shot 45 out of 50, and caught ten fish all in the 22-32" range. Never shoot a gun, never even picked one up. Never went fishing, never cast a rod before this trip. I was thrilled. He boy friend was sort of a lose for words, believing he would need to show her everything. Hell, I did not spend ten minutes with her on either the shotgun or casting. I only instructed her on the safety issues on the gun and some pointers on how to target the birds better. I handed her the gun, and said just yell pull when you feel you are ready. On the first 10 birds she got them all. I kept looking at her boyfriend , who missed everything but one and said, your kidding me , Right? He said no, she never touched a gun in her life. She was scrared to death when I told her what we were doing.

Then we went fishing. I gave her the rod, told her its all about coordination related learning how to cast. Just let the line fall off your finger when the rod tip is pointed where you want to go. Maybe five or six cast later she was putting the lures out there with me. All day long , all I heard is swish, swish, swish, never stopped unless she had one. The only other thing she asked me was how fast do I reel in and I see you are stopping or slowing down every once in awhile, should I do that too? After she got the jerking of the bait down, she was catching a fish every 15 minutes. The only thing was, she did not want to take them off the hook. So I got her big headed boyfriend to do it. So guy, gal, kid, or adult, I never had a student as well coordinated as she was. Never knew anyone as good as she.

I had guys who were talking themselves all up about how good of a trap shooter they were. They could not hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle and this girl was crushing them, ink spots all morning.

If you never tried trap shooting, go and get into it. Its a real blast. I am not good at it, I average about 60 per 3 rounds. Now my cousin is great. He shot in the last club , which was 10 weeks of 75 birds per , an average of 73.5, best in the history of the club. Which included one round each of singles, handicap, and wobbles. Handicap started at the 16 yard line and ended at the 25. So if you never shot before, get a gun and try it. Most clubs have rental guns, so try that first and if you like it , then buy a gun. We I am leaving tomorrow to go to Jersey with a antique jar, which might be worth a whole lot of money. I am taking it to a high end auction house. Have a great night and best of luck in your season.
Peter
[signature]
I grew up with guns. My first gun was a BB gun that I got at age 4. I still can't believe my parents gave me a gun at that age. I was the terror of the neighborhood (grew up in a small town) shooting all of the birds in the area. I haven't fired my shotgun (Remington Model 1200) for several years or any of my other guns.
[signature]
Kent,
I swear this is true. When I was 15/16 yoa, we would take the number 28 city bus line, with guns in hand to hunt rabbits at either the Church of God field , Westinghouse, or the city dump. The bus driver would greet us when we got on, and without any problems, saying going hunting again?, Yeap.
Sometimes an adult would ask what we hunt. We would get back on the bus for return home, with rabbits in hand, get off the bus and walk home.

If that happened now the riot police would meet us at the next stop, handcuff us, and off to jail . Times , they have a changed.
[signature]
is there an address where we should send our resume? and do you want photo shots included?

Just kidding, [:p]

I lost a couple buds over the past 50 years do to several causes, Death, booze aditions, marrages and family responcibilities ect....

a good fishing partner is hard to come by, Ya you will find guys to go fishing, but finding a regular bud is difficult.

hope you had good luck in finding a bud.

in the mean time I hope the lack of a fishing bud dosnt keep you off the water.

You may want to give a few fishing reports and post a few pic of what you have caught will increase the chances of you finding a new bud. Even stories of your past adventrues will help...

good luck and keep us up to date on your fishing adventures...
[signature]
Photo's Dave????
Only of their boats. LOL
Old joke, I know.
I thought I would get some woman posting , on behalf of their husbands, like,
Husband more than willing to go on long fishing trips, more dangerous the better, keep him out for weeks on end, no need to return after use, and since we are scratching each others back, please get me details on the bank account in the Cayman Islands.

For all the bigger fish and I guess for that reason I never take pictures. I guess I am excited and just forget.
I was living at my B&B in Cambridge and would often catch reallly nice fish right off the pier, so one day I got a monster hitting it. I played it for 20 minutes, and believe me I have many pileings for my boats surrounding , so it was no easy feat. So I finally landed it on the rip-rap , worked my way up to the pier, and walked it out onto the end,marked the size on the pier with my knife, and put it back into the water. My cell phone rang and the neighbor said, what the hell did you just catch? I was looking out my window and saw you struggle to get it up to the pier. I said wait a minute I marked the pier with my knife and I will measure and let you know. It was a 46" rock. Again no pictures. I often caught fish at the 32" level. The only pics I ever got were on the small ones I kept to eat. I never take a camera onto the boat for some reason, thats the last thing I think about.
[signature]
lol, Too Funny

you might want to add to the things for what your new bud needs, Must have is a digital camera and be able to take photo of the fish with out cutting off you head or the fishes head. [laugh][fishin]
[signature]
Not joking, I catch some really nice fish. Never caught that bay monster yet, still looking. The type of fishing I do usually will not result in the really big fish. I do catch big fish for the type of fishing I do though.
I never troll. That is where the 50# ers are caught, in the channels. I lure fish in shallow water. I did have a monster hooked for about 6 seconds.
I was fishing in a really shallow spot against an island and saw bait fish jumping onto land. He would circle outside , run the fish in and hit them.
So I cast a rat-l-trap and boom he hit, turned directly at the boat, ran underneath the boat and snap, nothing I could of done. I should of got the boat positioned better, but never gave it a thought the fish was that big. Biggest so far I did land was a 38# striper. Chesapeake Bay is getting harder to find the big ones. The commercial fishing boats are cheating on their catches and ruining the fishing here. Its sick.

I am selling my older boat and buying a new one this year. I got a 192 Scout and now buying a 240 Scout, so I can go much farther down the bay where the larger ones hang. Cannot wait til the season starts and new boat is secured. I am buying it out of Florida, used one season and saving about $20,000 vs brand new one, plus this guy put on about $8,000 in electronics. The boat has everything, plotter, radar, everything. Rigged up really nice. So my butt will be taking off for Florida in the next two weeks. Well have a great Sunday and I am going with my daughter to look for a home for her and husband. They are selling theirs and buying a larger one. Take care.
Peter
[signature]
What's gay got to do with it anyway? Don't we all look gay in the digital pictures at the dock? Shucks fella's! One of my best friends with rotten teeth, and one knocked out for a cigarette hole, has been accused of being gay. Go figure today's society. My point is - who cares? Are you afraid you may be seen through a port hole takin a dump by somebody other than a female on the boat? Like that hasn't happened (on purpose before) so get over that gay thing. If a boat full of gay guys helps out with the fuel bill - who cares. At least you'll have good conversation at the end of the day. Go figure that theory now would ya???
[signature]
Sister is a lesbian, next door neighbor is gay, all of which are my best of friends. Yet, when I posted on other sites, I got many gay responces, sort of believing its a hook up thing. So may I refer them to you?

I am not gay, never was gay, and never will be gay. I have no hidden agenda, with desire to fish not have my bait played with. Thats it , no big deal, but a little understanding would be nice here.

So gay was emphized to allow those who have a different intention to be clear, without doubt, and I accomplished my goal. Once I put it in that manner , not one gay guy made contact. You turned it all around and now I am homophobic. Naw, just want to fish with my own kind. Now if I said, I don't like old people and only want to fish with children, you can ream me out, but wishing to fish with straights, is just as bad as gay people wanting to fish with gays. Get a life, and leave mine to me to choose who I fish with and who I associate with. Worry about yourself and that should take up much of your time.
[signature]
Hello,
I just sign registered on the site today and saw you listing. If you are still interested in a fishing buddy I am available for weekend and planned week days. I live in Maryland not far from Rt. 50. I own a 19’ CC with a 150 hp outboard. I am new to bay fishing and would appreciate the opportunity to pair up with a more experienced angler. I totally agree with your description of a fishing partner.
[signature]
My name is Pete. Yes, still interested but motor on boat has went boom. I am buying a new 225 Yam in the next two weeks. You may contact me on [url "mailto:Broadview1313@aol.com"]Broadview1313@aol.com[/url] if you have a desire. I live in the harbor section of Baltimore but keep my boat at a shore property I own in Cambridge on Hudson Creek. It will be about two weeks before I am up and running again. If you have a desire for me to fish on your boat just email me with time and date. My cell number will be given to you once you email me direct. I don't want to put it on this site. Yes, I know the whole bay like the back of my hand. I catch fish all the time and been blanked only once in four years. I fish on weekends but early and get the hell gone before the traffic gets crazy. I only go on a Saturday, because come Sunday the return traffic from Ocean City is nuts to deal. Saturday is not bad coming back. I am 55 yoa, so you might wish to consider I am an old guy. I am however in good health and can fish all day without problems. I like to fish low water either early morning or late afternoon. Once sun comes up , fish go deeper. So we can leave arrive before sun or later once the sun starts to settle. I have no problem paying 1/2 of everything. Hopefully you feel the same for me. I am willing to give it a shot. Just let me know something.
Best Wishes,
Peter
[signature]
I posted last July regarding a fishing buddy, and you had responded. I did buy the new motor, and would be available to fish starting this spring. If you still have interest, just respond back. My boat is a Scout model 240, w/225 hp Yam. center console. I would be starting on the first day of rock season and fish at least each weekend and some weekdays thereafter.
regards,
Pete
[signature]