Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 1/29-31/09
[cool]Had a buddy in from California to fish and watch the game. I went out thursday am before he showed and got one 2lber from the tube at boulder harbor. We tried again that evening for nada. Went out for the trout plant at hemenway friday.Saw a guy get a 15lber before the truck came. As soon as the trout were planted, they all headed down the beach. Saw no other hookups. We decided to go to boulder harbor. The trout had moved off there as well, but headed toward the shorline next to the launch ramp. We fished for trout for about an hour and got two each. Then went in the floattubes to find stripers. Saw about four boils but no luck. We then sat across from the ramp and baitfished for two stripers, 2lb8oz and 2lb even. We went out again saturday am and baitfished in boulder harbor again opposite the ramp. We filled two stringers and finished off a bag of 'chovies, 15 fish total at 36.5lbs. The smallist was 1.5lbs and the biggest was 3lb13oz. My buddy got his striper fix since his home lake(silverwood) hasn't been producing that many stripers as of late. It was good to see him get some fish. He likes striper tacos!
[signature]
Nice pictures. Looks like you all had a good time.

I guess shore fishing from opposite the ramp has been pretty good this winter. Both times I walked that shoreline at night tossing lures there have been folks soaking bait there successfully.

Nothing like taking out-of-town guests fishing and actually catching something.
BaySport
[signature]
Looks like you all had a great time! Nice report and like the pictures.
[signature]
Very nice BigE.

Damn, Ive been fishing all month, and apparently, I forgot how to catch fish. Ive been getting SKUNKED repeatedly. I guess Im going to have to take up bait fishing. I swear, if i dont get a fish in my next two trips, Im quittin.... well.... we will see about that, but I NEED A FISH! Im picking up some anchovies and sardines before i go out next.

Anyway, good job BigE!
[signature]
[cool]Thanks. He liked it alot. Now I need to catch them like he does(normally) at Silverwood lake.
[signature]
[cool]Its been a long time since I baitfished. But I had to be a good host and get him some fish and since we saw others getting them on bait we said why not.
[signature]
[cool]Tahnks Dan79.
[signature]
Silverwood has some real porkers for sure.
[signature]
[cool]Yeah. A 33 lber was caught just a couple weeks ago.
[signature]
Living in Utah is nice, but we miss our bigfish. We travel to Wyoming for big fish
[signature]