Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Missouri-Show Me
Hey Guys

My son is graduating from the Wentworth Military Academy in Lexington. He will be commissioned a 2nd Lt. and I am traveling to Missouri to pin his bars on...23 days after his 20th birthday the last week of May.

As a graduation gift I promised him some fishing after his graduation.
He and I are both avid flyfishers(catch and release) of trout. I have been scouring the net and have located a couple of good trout possibilites. I'm in good shape there.

What I need are some recommendations for public stream fishing opportunities for Ozark Smallmoth bass. I wouldn't even object to switiching ultralight spinning tackel for this. Not looking for trophy fish..just some good fishing fun. It will be a real and exotic treat for us.

Even a recommendation for a guide book would be most appreciated. For some reason there is a wealth of online Missouri Trout fishing info but for Smallmouths I've struck out.

Thanks in advance for any help and if I can reciprocate with Oregon insights...just ask.
[signature]
I have never fished these waters, but they are listed for the smb, "buffalo"

I cant give ya any places to go, but I can tell you to do this when looking for SMB, sandy droppoff near weed beds is where I usualy find my best smallmouth action.

good luck, and by all means let us know where you ended up and how you did, pic's are always welcome.

Platte River
Fish: Alligator Gar, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, Freshwater Drum, Smallmouth Buffalo

Sac River
Fish: Flathead Catfish, Rock Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Smallmouth Buffalo, Spotted Bass, White Bass

Lake of the Ozarks
Fish: Black Crappie, Channel Catfish, Freshwater Drum, Hybrid Striped Bass, Largemouth Bass, Muskie, Paddlefish , Redear Sunfish , Smallmouth Buffalo, Spotted Bass, Striped Bass, Walleye, White Bass
[signature]